Chapter 9

Its been a week since I have left bed. My hair was full of knots, my clothes were a pair of Jack's sweatpants and a tank top.

"Babe, come on, you need to get up." Jack sighed, trying to pull me from the bed, but it didn't work.

Jack picked me up and carried me outside. He set me down thinking I would protest being outside. Getting down, I curled into a ball on the ground, not blinking even once.

"Rain, you can't just lay here." He told me, his head hanging low

He smiled like he had an idea and picked me up. Setting me in the lambo, I stared out in front of me.

"Jack, where we going?" I mumbled, barely even audible.

"Somewhere." He told me, a look of hope on his face.

I must've fallen asleep in the car.
After my eyes had adjusted to the light, I realized where we were.

Getting out of the car I went and sat on the ground with my legs crossed.

"Hey Zach." I whispered, a small smile appearing on my face.

I could see him sitting next to me.

He smiled, his brown eyes sparking like they did when he was alive.

"You can see him?" Jack asked as he looked at me confused.

I nodded and cried again for the 100th time this week.

"I see someone finally had a change if heart." Zach chuckled.

Oh how I missed his laugh.

"Zach." I giggled.

"I wish you could see what it's like in heaven, its so beautiful." He told me,  his eyes gazing up to the clear blue sky.

"I miss you being here." I exclaimed, my eyes tearing up.

"Hey, I will be with you every time you need or want me." He smiled.

Suddenly a long white staircase appeared in front of us, its time for Zach to go.

"Bye Rain, I'll see you soon." He smiled, his hand going across my cheek.

I watched as he started ascending up the long staircase to heaven. He turned around and blew a kiss and waved, then continuing his walk.

"Baby what's happening?" Jack asked, obviously not able to see what I see.

The staircase started fading and I looked at Jack.

"I can see and hear him." I said, "I just watched him to back to heaven."

"That's amazing." Jack admitted, his eyes tearing up a little.

I'm glad I will get to see him still, even though he's on the other side.