Chapter 18

"Alright kiddos, ready for your first day of school?" I asked as they held my hands tightly while we walked.

"I dont wanna go mommy." Cried Everleigh, tears falling slowly down her pale cheeks.

"Jacks crying." Zach laughed, bending over for air.

"Zachary." I muttered looking at him, elbowing him in the arm.

We got to the twin's class and I bent down to their height.

"Ok, mommy will be back later to pick you up, Ok?" I told them handing them their bookbags.

As I walked away I felt four arms wrap around my legs. My heart fluttered as I looked down to see my babies.

"Love you mommy." They said in unison as their teacher guided them into the classroom.

I smiled and headed back to the car, missing my little love bugs more than anything.

"Zach, what should I do today?" I questioned, looking over at Zach in the passenger seat.

"Up to you." He chuckled looking out the window like he always did when he was alive.

"Their coming." I heard a whisper again.

"Very funny Zach." I chuckled, rolling my eyes as I turned into the driveway.

"What?" He asked, not knowing what I am talking about.

"Stop messing with me, I know its you."

"I'm not doing anything. I swear." He repeated.

I unlocked the door to the house and ran straight to my bed and jumped in it.

Ahhhh, peace and quiet. As I laid there, I started to feel lonely, I miss my little babies.

I hope they are doing Ok at preschool, I know it could be very overwhelming.

Staring at the ceiling, it all hit me, I don't have Zach to make me laugh anymore, I dont have Jack to love me anymore. I'm alone.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I cried, begging why they were taken from me.

"I'm not gone baby." I heard next to me.

It isn't possible, he's not my guardian angel.

"Jack!" I cried, in total shock from what I'm seeing.

"Zach gave me his place, he's watching over the twins." He smiled, placing a kiss on my head as I hugged him.

"I've missed you so much." I said, looking into his dark brown eyes.
|Zach's POV|

As I stood next to Everleigh and Noah, I noticed how much I wish they were mine.

I never got to tell Rain how much I liked her, how much I loved her.

"Could've been mine." I whispered, causing Everleigh to hear me.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Zach, I'm your guardian angel." I said bending down to her height.

"Guardian angel?"

"I live in heaven, I'm your friend." I told her in a way that she could understand.

Looking into her light brown eyes, I wish I never would have swallowed those pills.