Chapter 15

|Rain's POV|

Washing the dishes, I giggled as the baby kept kicking my stomach.

"Almost time." I laughed.

I finished the dishes and headed over to my closet to get dressed for the day. That was, until my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, is this Rain Taylor?" The voice asked, a weird tone in their voice.

"This is she." I told them really confused.

"Ok, I'm sure you are very close with Mr. Jack Avery?" She asked.

"Yes, we have a son but we aren't together anymore." I told her.

"I called to tell you that he was in an accident and passed away on impact." She said quietly but quickly.

My heart stopped. My phone fell out of my hands as my body slid against the kitchen wall to the floor.

Dead. The boy I had come to love, the boy who is the dad of my son, the boy who would do anything for me. Dead.

I hung up the phone and let all my tears out. 

"Zach!" I screamed as I laid on the floor.

Zach appeared sitting next to me, his face looking really upset.

"I talked to him." He told me.

"I dont care Zach! He's gone! Why are you both leaving me!" I screamed, the baby still kicking my stomach.

"Rain, I didn't want to, but I did, Jack didn't see it coming." He replied softly.

All I could do was scream and cry, my heart breaking with every minute passing buy.

"Jack wishes he could see you, he really does, but he can't, I'm your guardian angel." Zach said as he moved my long blonde hair out of my face.

|Jack's POV|

Looking down at Rain I wanted to cry, she still cares. I watched as Zach tried to calm her down, it clearly not working.

I walked down the staircase, although she won't be able to see me, but I need to see her.

Zach noticed me in the room and looked at Rain with a frown.

"He's here." He told her with a smile.

"What?" Rain asked looking up at him.

"Jack's here, you just can't see him, you can only see your guardian angel." Zach explained as Rain sat up from the floor.

I smiled and crouched down and kissed her cheek.

"He just kissed your cheek, he right in front of you." Zach told her with a giant smile on his face.
"Jack, I'm so sorry." She cried.

I wish I could still be with her, and tell her how much I still love her, and how much of a mistake I made.