Chapter 24

"Mommy I'm scared." The kids cried, holding onto me tightly.

"It will be Ok." I told them, although I wasn't sure.

We sat a few more minutes until suddenly the sirens stopped, making it clear for us to go back upstairs to whatever is left of our house.

As I walked up the cracked steps of the basement I covered my mouth in shock.

Our house is gone.......

"My dollies...." Everleigh cried, her head in her hands.

Looking around a I saw a picture sticking out from the rubble. Picking it up, I realized its a picture of Zach, it had been hidden in my box of memories.

"Oh my goodness! Are you Ok?" Our neighbor, Jessie, asked, his bright blue eyes full of worry.

I nodded and looked around, everything was gone.

"Well, I guess we are moving back to the mansion." I sighed, looking at my shoes.

"You can stay with me." Jessie offered, "I'm going on a road trip."

"I dont wanna cause any trouble." I replied, turning away and picking up Noah, Everleigh hugging my legs.

He walked me his car and we all got in.

As we drove I looker at all the destruction.

"Before we go, can we atop somewhere real quick?" I asked Jessie.

|timelapse|

Pulling up to the light blue house I took a deep breath and grabbed the twins hands.

"Hi Rain!" Mrs. Herron smiled, welcoming us into her home.

"I was wondering if I could have some of Zach's clothes." I stated, trying to stay calm, "I want the twins to have something of his."

"Well, I suppose." She mumbled, getting up and heading towards the stairs.

Walking into Zach's room I went straight to his closet. It still smells like him, the smell of vanilla.

Grabbing a blue snapback, I handed it to Noah.

"You can have daddy's blue snapback." I smiled.

"Daddy?" Questioned Mrs. Herron.

"Yes, the twins are Zach's, they are your grandkids." I announced, a huge smile on my face.

She stood in shock as I threw on Zach's favorite black sweatshirt.

"You mean, my son has children?" She said, kneeling down to the twins height to hug them.

I nodded and handed Everleigh Zach's black and white striped T-shirt.

"I wish I could tell her how much I miss her." Zach sighed, his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

I frowned at him and we headed on our way.

Getting back in the car, I pulled the hood over my head, breathing in Zach's sent.