Chapter twenty-four: meet mason

24th may 2018
1 day old
Lizas pov
I looked down at my little baby boy asleep on my chest. His little chest going up and down made me feel so much love it was hard to understand. I lightly stroked his little back which made him settle into me even more. I looked over to David and he was vlogging. "Is this Ok?" He asked singling the camera I nodded and continued looking at mason. His light caramel skin and his big brown eyes just lit up my world.
We were so lucky as his respiratory system was developed just enough so he could live without breathing aid and he is just big enough also. As I looked at him he opened his eyes and began to cry. "Are you hungry mason?" I asked him rhetorically. I tried to feed him but he kept crying. "Diaper change?" I said smelling his diaper. "Nope" I said again. "David! I said getting stressed. " I don't know why he is crying" David came over and lifted him into his arms. He stopped crying. "Just needed some boy time, didn't you mason" he said he sat in a chair and mason rested on his chest, slowly falling asleep again. "Oh liza I forgot to say, when you were sleeping earlier Kristen and Scott called and your mom asking to come visit, I said yeah is that ok?" He asked quietly. "Yeah, at least I have something to look forward to" she said. "I'm sorry you're in so much pain Babe" he said. "Thanks, love you" I replied.
At around one o'clock, my mom came to visit. As soon as she came in she ran over to me and hugged me and then went over to mason. "He is a stunner" she said. "You two have made quite the cutie" I looked and David I smiled at him. "How was it" she asked. "Extremely painful" I replied. "Aww, it's worth it though" she said. "Yeah" I replied. David handed over mason to my mom. She was so gentle with him and he was calm when she held him. "Hello mr, I'm your mimi and I'm going to spoil you rotten when you get a little older because that's what mimis are for. You are so precious. You have your mamas hair and your daddy's eyes."as she was talking to mason I was tearing up. I have no idea why but it made it feel real. That little baby was mine, I have to care and love him forever because that's my job. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I smiled at how amazingly beautiful he was. "Babe, you Ok?" David said coming and sitting next to me. "Yeah, I'm just so overwhelmed" I replied wiping tears from my cheeks. "It's a sensitive time full of hormones" my mom said. She passed mason back to me and I lay him on my chest again. Around two hours later David's phone started to ring and mason woke up and started crying. I rocked him to calm him down whilst David was on the phone. "Hey, Yeah, Ok Bye" He said. "It was Kristen and Scott they are here" .
I'm super happy that Scott and Kristen are coming as I need to see someone who isn't David or my mom. As they come in Kristen came over and gave me a hug, just like my mom and they brought balloons and presents. They had a baby boy balloon and some cute little baby grows and chocolates for me. I thanked them and then Kristen held mason. "Omg Scott we need to have a baby" she said tearing up. "No what have you guys done" Scott said laughing. "We made her broody" David said laughing vlogging it all. He did some more vlogging along with Scott before it was time for them to go. Everyone left and it was just me and David again. "That was nice" I said. "See, I said you would be an amazing mom" he said. "Well" I said. "But anyways since you are amazing and you went through all that pain for my little boy I got you a present" he said. He handed me a small velvet box. I opened it up and there was a ring. It had two little feet on it which said "mason" and "03.23.18". "Awwww" I said. "Thankyou so so much" he leaned down and hugged me. I would have got up but down there is still extremely sore. "You are amazing" David said kissing me. I kissed him back. It was such a perfect moment but of course mason started to cry. David picked him up out of the little bed and changed his diaper.
As the day went on I got changed into some actual clothes and walked around. It really hurt but I still did it. The doctors and nurses ran more tests on both of us before we were told we would be able to leave any time. I was so happy to be able to go home and snuggle my little baby in my own home. We changed mason into his going home outfit which caused a lot of crying and we then got him ready to go. David got the car seat from the car and we were ready to go. As we walked out of the hospital a whole new fear came over me. 'I have to look after this baby without Linda (the midwife) to help me' I thought to myself. So much responsibility! We went home and started our new adventure as a family of three.

A/n
Hellooooo people. I just want to say I love scotty sire so much and he is my one and only. Ok bye
-Emily