10 | My Sky Glow

~because there's always
an innocent and magical season
for the one you love~

・... MY SKY GLOW━━━☆

"STARLIGHT, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have this wish I wish tonight."

For the Nth time, Lewi chanted this famous wishing verse to the brightest light at the belt of Orion, nakapangalumbaba sa bintana ng silid sa top floor ng isang condominium building at nakatingala sa langit.

She waited for something to happen but there was none. She sighed and looked at her glowing Tinker Bell wristwatch.

"Only two hours left," she muttered and looked back at the star.

"Starlight, star bright,
to the brightest star I see every night,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
find my Peter Pan tonight.
And then..."

She straightened up, raised her head and arms heavenward and shouted, "HE'LL TAKE ME WITH HIM AND WE'LL FLY TO NEVERLAAAAAAAA—"

Young, dumb
Young, young dumb and broke
Young dumb broke high school kids
Yadadadadada...

The faint city night sound from afar was the fast one to answer back.

Lewi kicked the wall. She crossed her arms, busangot ang mukha, and walked to her bed. Bumagsak siya patalikod sa higaan.

"Kailan ka ba darating, ha, Peter? I'm getting older day by day. Kapag 'di ka pa nagpakita I may stop believing in you and totally forget about you."

After watching the Peter Pan film and reading the Peter Pan series especially the Peter and Wendy book, Lewi was convinced that Peter Pan is real. According to the story, Peter will always live and will never grow old. She also figured hindi na ito nagagawi sa mundo maging ang anino nito because nobody believes anymore that he exists. Maaari ding dahil sina Wendy at ang apo nitong si Jane ay pumanaw na. The story was from one of the oldest once upon a time anyway and these girls were mere mortals. But that only gave her a push to believe more that there's a Peter Pan because then – it could be her turn!

That's why she would wish upon a star every night and she'd always keep her window unlocked so Peter Pan can get in anytime to find her—the girl who'd love to be his company like Wendy—and together, they will go on an endless adventure to Neverland!

And she never failed to make a wish the moment her star appeared on the night of her eighth birthday. Sabi kasi sa kanta sa Disney film na Pinocchio—that she figured was a hidden clue on how fantasy can come true (sing Jiminy Cricket):

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

So she did. And it's to the biggest and brightest star she'd seen in her entire little life.

May mga bituing nawawala sa gabi ngunit ang bituing iyon ay hindi kailanman nawala. Sumisilip nga rin ang liwanag niyon kahit may bagyo. Kaya naniniwala siyang kakaiba iyong bituin at diringgin niyon ang kanyang hiling.