Chapter Five: Staying in the pack

The next day I woke up sick and so did Bob we knew how to take advantage. I went out of my house and biked to school. I saw Bob biking too and we both smiled, we were going to stay at the pack for the whole day. Once at the school no one was there because it was early, so we decided to put our bikes near the forest. As soon as we put our bikes down we ran across the field and through the trees. Once we reached the circle we turned into wolves and ran to camp. It was quiet because everyone was probably sleeping in their den or hunting. We went to our dens and slept for a few minutes and then I woke up to a paw nudging me. I yawned and looked up to see Soot, I quickly sprang up and said " Good Morning my fellow wolf." We both laughed and went to go get breakfast, in this form we were not sick. There was only one way to get breakfast in a wolf pack, hunt for yourself. Only pups, she wolves who are still feeding pups, old wolves,and sick or injured wolves were hunted for. We went to Snow and I said " Snow we are going hunting, is there anyone to hunt for?" She nodded her head " Four she wolves and five old wolves." Me and Soot nodded in understanding and left to hunt. We caught four rabbits, five birds, and one deer. Our mouths were full when we got back to the pack. All the wolves in the pack stopped what they were doing to look at us in amazement. We dropped the food in the middle and the wolves and they all stared in disbelief. Me and Soot were confused than Snow emerged from her den. I said " Snow we hunted four rabbits, five birds, and a deer." Snow said " I am very amazed that two new wolves caught this much!" I said " So this is enough for everyone?" Snow only stared in amazement at the pile. I turned to Soot and said " take the birds to the elders I'll take thee rabbits to the she wolves." Soot nodded and was off with birds in his mouth. I picked up the rabbits and carried them to a den on the left side of Snow's den. I went through the opening and saw four she wolves. I dropped the rabbits and said " Who's hungry?" All of the she wolves ate a rabbit.