Chapter Twenty Nine: The cupid dance

It's Tuesday February 20th and I found out recently that there was a dance this Saturday. It's called the Cupid dance in spirit of it recently being Valentine's day. I ate some of the chocolate Drake gave me, watched that movie, listened to the songs on the disk, and definitely cuddled with the stuffed animal. I wore the necklace and cherished the words that came with each item. The word wasn't written anywhere in most of these items but the word ment so much to me, and that word was love. So more about that favorite song, I love it for the true meaning that is almost summed up in one of the first lines and the last line. One of the first line goes " Just move your hand-write the way into his heart. But in this world of infinite choices, what will it take just to find that special day? What will it take just to find that special day?" and the last line goes " If don't know how to love you, I'll leave you be." I Got pumped up and more nervous as the day went by until lunch. At lunch it's always just me and Drake, no one else sits with us, it's just us. It was kind of awkward at first, but in time I got used to it. After all it's just me and him, sometimes I even forget what is happening around me because I get so lost in his eyes. Anyway he seemed a bit flustered today at lunch( Flustered as in nervous), and I couldn't figure out why. He was really nervous when he spoke when we were done " Rose......I......I like you a lot!" I blushed and said " I'm glad you feel the same way I do." I hugged him and he hugged me back, his warm embrace filling the unsureness in my heart with love and joy.Wednesday went by fast and Drake was perhaps sick or something and on Thursday We again had no school because snow covered the ground. Friday isn't going fast surprisingly and as if the day would never end because of the slight snow that still blanketed the once lush green floor. The day went by and then it was lunch. As always I sat with Drake, And again Drake looked flustered about something and I don't know what. I spoke " What's wrong my love?" obviously blushing because I never used that name on him before. He put his hand on mines and intertwined our fingers and said with that sly smile of his" Nothing my princess." I blushed even more, he called me princess then after that he lifted my hand and kissed the top of it. He's so sweet, and kind. We just sat there looking longingly into each others eyes. I knew he wanted the same thing I did and it was unspoken. A kiss, what would be my first and most magical. I blushed so much he noticed we got a bit closer but then the bell rang. I sighed, missing his hand on mine. He quickly turned around, obviously hearing my sigh so I quickly covered my mouth and I could feel my face heating up. Drake came over slowly with that sly grin of his and he lifted my chin up to look him in the eyes and said " I know what you want my princess, but you'll have to wait." He caressed my cheek, winked slyly and walked away. Man I'm blushing so much, any way the next two hours went by quite fast, then it was eighth block.His class is next door to mine, so I often find myself looking out the small window where you can look into the classroom. He sits where I can see him and sometimes I catch him slyly smiling and staring back at me. So I walked into the classroom as always, and I was late. I asked for a drink of water and walked back inside. A piece of paper was handed to me by one of my friends who sat in the front. I stood there reading the paper, It was a very lovely poem written by Drake. I feel a sudden tapping on my shoulder, so I stuff the poem in my pocket quickly. I turn around to see drake with a bouquet of my favorite flowers roses. He's obviously nervous and says to me " Will you go to the dance with me?" I answer blushing once again " Yes." We hugged as if the world was going to end, his embrace once again filling me with love. It was finally Saturday, and the day went by not fast enough for me. I got out my dress which was perfect for the occasion. The top is a coral color and had roses on it, there is a yellow ribbon near the top, the rest of the dress was white covered in pictures of flowers and covered by a very sparkly, coral mesh. My shoes are pink covered with white and darker pink indeted flowers, complete with a little bow near the foot. My accessories are a flower crown,My usual bracelets, and a swan necklace Daisy gave me. When it was time I walked in and Drake was waiting for me near the entrance, he took my hand, our fingers intertwined once more. I blushed, he was handsome tonight, but he said something before I could " You look like a princess tonight" I blushed and responded " You look like my prince." We went to the middle of the dance floor and danced the same few dance songs they always put on including;La Macarena by Los Del Rio, Cupid shuffle by Cupid,Cha-Cha slide by DJ Casper,Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus,Don't Stop Believin by Journey, Just Dance by Lady Gaga,TiK ToK by Ke$ha,Fergalicious by Fergie,Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani,Low(Apple bottom jeans) by Flo Rida, and Poker Face by Lady Gaga. They played a few slow songs such as; A Thousand Years by Christina Perri,Wonderwall by Oasis, Hey There Delilah by Plain White Tees, and Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor. Me and Drake were slow dancing together and to be honest that was my first slow dance ever. I spoke when the first slow dance came on and we slow danced "This is my first slow dance ever." He spoke back " Same for me." I spoke again but he said it at the same time as me " I'm glad my first slow dance was with you." I blushed and just stared at him, I couldn't see him well because they dimmed the lights. On the last slow song which was Wonderwall, we danced even closer than before and near the end he kissed me. I was surprised but eventually I kissed him back. We stopped and I smiled ad said " So you did know what I wanted." He kinda giggled in a way and said " I wanted the same thing to." We smiled again and he said " Rose will you be my Girlfriend?" I smiled and I could feel my face heating up again " Yes." He gave me what you can call a promise ring and he had one too. It was so cute! It is glittery and pink and has a small rose. It is Sunday and I can't stop thinking about what happened at the dance. I put on my various accessories and just did anything. I just watched my favorite show and lazed around, I called Drake and he picked up and I spoke in a lazily happy tone "Hello!" he spoke in a rather joyful tone "Hey!" I giggled his voice I already missed and I looked at my fingers and saw the ring he gave me and smiled blushing. I spoke again"How are you?" he respond " I'm good, I'm just playing a game how about you." I responded " I'm watching T.V." I continued to go on about the day then school rolled around again.