Chapter Six: Psychosis

“I think I'm getting it

  “I think I'm getting it.” India gave Greenberg a small smile as the boy sat across from her in the library, a chemistry book sat in front of him. She'd come here thinking she could clear her head in silence but was joined by the boy, India didn't really mind. Studying had been the only normal thing she'd done in a while, especially since she'd found out about the supernatural world. Apparently she was also apart of it as well. With the sleep she was losing, and the dangers waiting for them; plus the doubled stress of trying to keep up with her studies were starting to take a toll on India. She could understand how Scott couldn't manage to do it.

   “You'll definitely pass the next test we have,” She laughed, glancing down at what he'd gotten wrong as he slid the paper over; India ignored the way his hand purposely brushed up against hers. Telling him that she wasn't exactly attracted to him, or boys in general crossed her mind a few times. Though India always decided against it because maybe she was reading his body language wrong, then that would be awkward for the both of them. So instead she just picked up his paper, eyes racking over the answers while taking note of the three he'd missed. “I'd say we should study a little more, just t-”

   India had cut her sentence short, when a certain smell hit her. She couldn't decide whether she was excited or pissed to see the blonde standing a few feet away from them. With her red lips tilted up into a teasing grin when she saw India staring over at her; brown eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief as their eyes met.

  “Aww you didn't invite me to your little study session, I'm hurt India. Thought that was our thing?”

   Leaning back in her chair, India glared over at Erica with an unimpressed scowl. Momentarily, forgetting the boy sitting in front of her as she glared over at the blonde. Who approached the table. “Didn't know we had a thing?”

   “Hey Erica.” Greenberg waved, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the tension brewing between the two.

   “Greenberg I need to talk to India, therefore you don't need to be here.” Erica responded, missing the wounded look the boy gave her before turning and doing as she'd asked. The other teen had to process what she'd just heard, and honestly couldn't believe who'd it'd just came from.

   India scoffed her head shaking when she reached out to stop the boy from grabbing up the few things he'd had scattered out on top of the table. “Greenberg you don't have to leave? I actually want you here.”

   “It's fine.” He mumbled, his hand shaking slightly as he grabbed his book from the table. The boy bowed his head, refusing to meet the blondes eyes as he tried to flee from the scene. Only to be stopped short by Erica stepping in his way; making India clench tightly onto the edge of the table in anger. She couldn't lose control in the school library; especially since India didn't know what she'd be losing control of.

   Erica’s lips pulled up into a sinister grin; her brown eyes catching hers before looking back towards the tall boy. “Just so you know. You've got no chance,” she laughed, her head tilting. “I mean it's not like you stood a chance, she's just not into guys.”