Chapter Eight Part (2) Bestiary

Gerard Argent grinned down at his granddaughter; seeming innocent to the unknowing eyes of the bystanders

    Gerard Argent grinned down at his granddaughter; seeming innocent to the unknowing eyes of the bystanders. Though from the lacrosse bench India watched the two with anxious eyes; they were stealing from Allison's grandfather. Who didn't strike her as being the loving grandparent that he'd made himself out to he. Allison could very well get caught. Who knows what the old man was capable of? India knew that underestimating him would be dangerous, after all he was an Argent.

  “Tell me again why I couldn't stay home by myself?” Lester questioned, while folding his arms across his chest.

  India shook her head, green eyes finding her brothers brown ones as she averted her attention towards him. “The last time you were alone you nearly burned the kitchen down.”

  “Accidentally, I may not be chief Ramsey but I can manage to make some ramen noodles. Besides it only happened once.” Lester said, as he looked out into the field a look of disinterest on his face. India had known that her brother would have preferred staying home where the television was; but she also knew that her uncle didn't want him alone for to long. It wasn't like he wasn't capable of taking care of himself, Lester was just very troublesome.

  India shook her head, mouth curving upward into a small smile. “Once was enough to burn down the entire house.”

  “Order me pizza next time and I'll be fine.” Lester rolled his eyes, as he stuck his hand inside the bag of popcorn that sat between his legs; before looking out into the field where the boys warmed up.

  “What the hell is this? Dude-” At the sound of Jackson’s Whitmore’s panicked voice; India turned her head, hearing almost immediately picking up on the conversation he was having. She hadn't meant to listen in but due to the fact that she was learning how to use her abilities, and the steadily rising drum of Jackson’s heartbeat she found herself eavesdropping.

   “Relax, it's my camera,” Matt, said calmly while standing next to Danny. India tilted her head; focusing on drowning out the crowd and Lesters rambling.

   “Matt’s the one...found it.” Danny said.

   From what she could make out, Jackson had made a video of something, but two hours of it was missing. She had no idea what was even on the video, could have been a sex tape for all India knew. Though there was another possibility that Jackson wanted to film himself changing. She and the others hadn't been the only ones to get the bite. The thing was the others turned, Jackson, Lydia, and her had not changed; but India had been showing some signs.India frowned, if the video was edited. Then what was missing and who didn't want him to see it?

   “Is that Erica? She got hot, I mean she was already pretty.” Lester asked, while nudging India in her side to get her attention. He pointed a few feet down the bleachers were her and Boyd were talking, India pulled his arm down before they could notice. “No wonder you've been acting strange lately.”