Chapter Six

I appreciate all the support I've been getting with this story and my Kuroshitsuji stories :3 You guys are awesome for the comments/favs/follows!

Edited~ 2/17/2018

~~~

The mountain was everything Hinata had expected it to be and then some. The narrow trails were laden with slippery ice and sharp rocks. Hinata had managed to fall more in the first five hours of travel than she had in the last ten years of her life.

She cursed under her breath and clung to the icy rails that lined the narrow paths. Karin was like a well oiled machine when it came to whining and she had yet to cease or slow down in the slightest. "Are we going all the way up there?" She pointed toward where she thought was up, but in reality she couldn't see ten feet in front of her face for the thick snow fall.

"Yup." Suigetsu yelled over his shoulder, not even bothering to turn around and face her. Karin groaned and ignored the fact that he had even answered her to begin with. "Don't you think we should take cover through this snows storm, Sasuke? Before we get blown off the side of the mountain?!"

Sasuke glanced back at her with is usual emotionless expression. "Grip the railing tighter. We need to make as much ground as possible." Karin seemed to deflate slightly and she did just as he said. Hinata, on the other hand, whom used to love snow now despised it's very existence and Sasuke's answer made her want to rip the shoe from her foot and take out the back of his head with it.

When the group reached the half way point, Hinata happened to spot a large log cabin vacant for traveling monks. "Hey! We should stop, Sasuke!"

"No, I told you we need to make as much ground as possible."

"Well you go ahead and keep walking further into the snow storm. That's one less potential husband for me to deal with." Hinata remarked as she grabbed Karin's arm and pulled her toward the cabin. He gritted his teeth and looked back at her as she dragged Karin to the cabin. Sasuke sighed in defeat and the rest of the group made their way to the cabin.

Once inside, Jugo lit a fire and Suigetsu hung everyone's cloak up to dry properly. "Isn't this just awesome?" Suigetsu blurted out. "What are the odds of finding a safe, warm, and vacant cabin."

"The odds are great, actually. These mountains are known to freeze people to death. You can find tons of vacant cabins littered about, you idiot." Karin growled out as she attempted to control her chattering teeth. The girls were hunkered down beside the fire, desperately trying to conserve heat. Jugo shook his head lightly and tossed them a blanket. "Here.."

Sasuke walked back into the cabin to examine its interior and build. "It's a decent enough cabin, there are three bedrooms. Karen and Suigetsu, Jugo is bigger so he can have his own bed, and Hinata is with me."

Hinata rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Tch, how'd I know.." Sasuke had nothing to say in return. He sat next to the fire and heated his hands.

~~~

He was always so arrogant that she just couldn't even manage one civil conversation with him. What was it about him that made Naruto care so much?? They were polar opposites to say the very least.

"You warm yet?"

"No." Hinata answered coldly as she laid next to him.

"Do you want me to-"

"Don't touch me." Sasuke laid next to her on his back, trying to control the smile on his face, "Gotcha." The two laid in silence for the most part of the thirty minutes before Sasuke groaned and turned on his side, facing her.