4

__________________________________

~surili ankhiyo vale~

There is a sense of relief when you step away from the ever humid weather of Mumbai. A light haze of sunshine shone on her face as she looked out the window pane of her cab. The noon warmth radiating through the pristine sky over the sheer clouds.

Her flimsy shrug felt a little too warm for the retreating Delhi winters. Her cab stopped right at the grand gate of a large banquet hall, all decorated with Reds and yellows.

'Radhika weds Sayyam'

A hoarding far away on the farmhouse enlighted. Her walk from the cab to the inside was as discrete as possible. She quickly made her way to the flight of stairs, once inside the building. Her gaze met around alot of people, Radhika's friends and family.

Her hands clutched the straps of her shoulder bag as her eyes zeroed upon a girl clad in a plain blue baggy T-shirt, along with a gorgeous deep golden lehenga with rich white embroidery.

Avni tip-toed around the girl to peak into her laptop. The girl had her phone clutched between her shoulder and ear, her hands efficiently typing an elaborate email.

"I don't want any more issues! For God sake.. it's my wedding. Do one thing..pack this assignment and come over. We'll figure it out!" The girl screamed in frustration before throwing the phone on the nearest couch.

Avni, who was silently and harmlessly standing in the corner with an intention to surprise Radhika, now just stared at her dumbfounded. She literally facepalmed herself.

This girl had her wedding in two days!

This girl, who had been excited for her wedding since Avni knew her was up for figuring the assignment at exactly this moment.

Before Radhika would even register Avni's presence or her hard stare for that matter, there was a loud scream form behind both of them.

"Oh my god!"

"Such a liar!"

"Not cool Avni, so not cool!"

Followed by Avni getting consumed by a strong hold as she felt a number of people engulfing her.

A defeated sigh left Avni's lips as she desperately tried to get out of the restrains. The cousins commented endlessly, being just caught for the deceit she had laid down. Radhika turned looking at her with narrowed eyes and a smile so bright.

"You, Avni Parikh thought, you can fool me."

Her phone screen was still on with the recently ended call. The email was mailed and the frustration on Radhika's face gone with the whiff of the air. Dramatically enough, Radhika flipped her hair as she walked around the accused.

"Listen! You can do all the drama in the world, infront of NeelaMaa but not infront of me, ok! We all knew you'd come. Who were you even trying to surprise." Radhika spoke with each word more taunting than the other. All her cousins testified with her.

"You know what Maa did.." Avni mumbled, pouting making that face which always melts Radhika's heart.

"You both don't get to pull me in your arguments." Radhika crossed her hands. Avni made her eyes twinkle at her as she pulled on an innocent face.