5.

____________________________________

~a sunset~

"No, I need the lights changed and see if you could replace the cloth behind the stage to a darker shade" She talked to one of the wedding planners about the stage for the sangeet who stood on the wide lawn as few of the guests strolled around.

"Sure thing!" The planner chimed, "what about the flowers."

"Umh they are fine, gorgeous." Avni smiled.

"Yeah and do start the catering." She added before heading on.

"On it." The planner replied, himself going over to his business.

She was buzzing around, watching over the arrangements for the ceremony little over here and there, when her eyes landed on him.

The sun had already set leaving a pink horizon above them. He sat by the quiescent pool still in his clothes from earlier, his trousers rolled up as his feet were immersed in the warm water. The blues of the seemingly still water reflected the tittering flowers hanging down the trees around.

"Hey!" He was sitting on the opposite edge of the pool from where she stood, typing away on his phone with a light smile on his face. She walked close to where he could hear her.

"Neil.. I'm so sorry for earlier." She continued as his eyes met hers. He almost didn't see her coming, until she stood close at the adjacent edge. Also he wasn't expecting her to actually appear again. His eyes scanned the whole area with not many people in sight. She just stood there innocently, presumably waiting for him to reply.

"Heyy it's fine. You gotta be busyy with all that work" he lightly chuckled, putting his phone face down on the edge. He contemplated getting up for her but didn't really expect her to do any more of the talking to be honest. If he did, they would be just two people awkwardly standing by the pool.

She hummed as she eyed the ripples caused in the water by light movements of his feet. Her feet planted tight at the concrete ground around the pool. They still were just two people awkwardly by the pool

After a moment of thought, she took of her boots quietly. The water, the sunset, it just seemed too inviting and she did not have alot to do anyway. She folded herself to drop down her legs in the water. The warm water instantly presenting a calming effect. A large ripples of water encircled her feet colliding with that caused by his own just as his eyes traced her action.

Now they were two people who just sat peacefully by the pool. He hadn't thought of this.

His mind wandered to her, wrecking some words to break the quietness enveloping them. It just felt a little too intimate to just be sitting in each other's company peacefully.

"You're not getting ready?" He questioned as Avni shrugged.

"I have time." She didn't.

"Yeah.. time is all that we have" a short laugh left his lips talking about the incident earlier. He had too much of it.

"You know, you seem awefully bored." She eyed him.

This time Neil laughed heartedly.