6.

__________________________________

~afreen afreen~

Upbeat music filled his ears as he walked along the corridor of the farmhouse to the rooftop. It had taken him not mere than 10 minutes to get ready, rest of an hour he just laid on the bed, with his eyes closed, thinking, rewinding the uneventful walk, the parting. They were words unheard when they stood that close to just say see you after. She being mere beautiful was one thing but her whole being felt as such that he harboured that urge to just keep on admiring it.

just an infatuation, he defended.

Familiar party hits from past decades blasted over the dance floor. Unattended toddlers jumped all over as one of Radhika's cousin's voice echoed around, announcing someone's performance.

The bride and groom sat on a platform, along with seats around them for the audience. Neil's eyes searched for any familiar face as he weaved through the grooving people. At one corner of the hall, sat their college friends and on the other end the gang of cousins, like in a silent rivalry.

The thing was that Radhika's cousins exceeded Sayyam's in number, so all in all that gang was Radhika's. On the other hand, their college friends did not really have a middle ground. They were common friends. So instead of team bride and groom, an unsaid scenario of team cousins and friends had been established.

Ali waved at him from a far as he stood at the back with a circle of his friends.

"Finally! Thought we lost you in this big city. You shouldn't run off like that unsupervised. What if you get kidnapped?" Ali cooed, holding his shoulders.

"Cut the drama, Ali." Neil rolled his eyes.

"Moreover, you were the one who left me! I'll tell mom." He whispered to him jokingly.

"Crazy how you spin everything back on me." Ali shook his head at Neil's grinning face.

"You seem to be glowing, slept finally?" He added.

"Hm, tried to. Couldn't." Neil murmered as they both made their way to the section of delicacies lined up.

"Suuucks" Ali sang along getting some snacks as Neil snickered.

"Where's you better half?" He spat as Ali gave him a look.

"I don't know, they were preparing some dance or something.." Ali's voice trailed as they got into that conversation.

Neil got a soft drink for himself and they came back to stand behind all the seats placed infront of a beautiful curved stage. The whole place was covered with a temporary mesh of leaves and flowers above them.

His eyes wandered around the extravagance, subconsciously looking for her among the sparkle of people, in between of the soft petals which hung around. A spotlight caved in straight from the back, laying down a veil of darkness on everybody. Neil stepped sidewards from the light cutting through just beside him.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, friends and family, Radhika and Sayyam, open up your eyes, sit a little straighter and hold your hearts for the most awaited time of the evening."

"Who wrote Nishant's lines!" Avni chuckled off mic from the back as everyone around her laughed. Everybody had settled in, the stage was cleared out for them.

"Showtime guys" she whispered to everyone behind the curtain. The spotlight switched off as a VHS tape started playing on the stage.