"the almost kiss, harry"

january 2018

january 2018

"sam?" (y/n) asked, seeing the boy from behind. "sam!" he turned and saw his girlfriend. the couple ran up towards each other, embracing the other person as soon as they reached each other.

"oh, my god, i've missed you so much"

"i've missed you so much, too. god, sam, i've missed you"

"i love you so much," he pulled away from the hug. "you are never leaving this country as long as i'm in it"

"i don't want to" she laughed. "how's skiing been?" the couple locked hands and began to walk towards the lodge they were staying in. the other holland's, minus tom, and harrison had already begun to unpack inside the lodge, letting the couple have a moment together before beginning their trip. harry and paddy welcome the couple as soon as they walk through the doors of the lodge, nikki and dom hidden somewhere else in the lodge. sam and (y/n) walked through the door hand in hand, her head resting on his shoulder as sam told her stories of his skiing accidents.

"come on, love birds, look at the lodge!" paddy pulled on sam's free hand, dragging him further inside the lodge.

"alright, pads. hold on, mate" sam laughed, trying to keep ahold of (y/n)'s hand.

"it's alright, go" she smiled, letting go of sam's hand and watched him and paddy leave her sight. she found her way into the living room, falling down onto one of the soft sofas inside of it. she closed her eyes momentarily before she heard the door creak open.

"hey," harry said simply. "have you told sam?"

"about what? the stunt you pulled? or the fact that he didn't call the other night?"

"preferably the second option"

"no, i haven't. and i don't plan on it. he was clearly busy and that's fine. it's fine"

"what about the ki-"

"the almost kiss, harry. our lips never touched" she interrupted.

"but what are we gonna do?" by now, (y/n) was sat up and harry was next to her.

"nothing. we're not gonna say anything. it was an almost stupid mistake, but we stopped it, okay? nothing happened. ever. and that's how will stay"

"okay. i won't say anything"

"good. 'cause he'll be more mad at you for leaning in first than he will be at me" and with that, she stood up and left the room. while walking down the seemingly endless corridors, (y/n) finally found sam and paddy. paddy had managed to trick sam into unpacking his suitcase and placing his snowboarding gear beside paddy's bed.

she stood in the doorway, watching the two youngest hollands interact. a smile appeared on her face, but quickly fell as she remembered what happened between her and her best friend.

'sam has to know'.