Page Five

I was okay until I heard him crying his heart out. He was at home when that happened...

I was walking back home after a long day at school. Teachers have been a headache for the last two weeks. I just wanted a break from everything.

Was about to get into my house when I heard something being crashed from across the street. I knew it was him. He was in his house.

Today I walked home instead of taking the bus 'cause I needed some time alone but it seemed that he was the one wanting it, not me.

I doubted for a second on going to his house and see what's going on but after a couple seconds, I decided to go and have a look.

Headed to his house and stood in the front door. I could hear everything. He was crying, he was in so much pain, I could hear it in his voice, his trembling voice. Soon, I put my ear against the door to hear more of what was happening. Then it broke my heart to hear his words...

"I don't have anyone. I don't have anyone. Is anybody out there?! There's no one out there, you idiot! No one!"

He just needed someone and I didn't know if he was going to make it on his own. Instead of going inside his house, I went to mine. Never doing anything to help or save him.

Always wanted to do anything to help him but I was a coward to even talk to him. How in hell will I help him if I don't even talk to him? Even if I tried to, he'd push me away. I'll be a stranger for him and he wouldn't tell me anything. Wouldn't tell me that he was broken and that he needed someone by his side to keep going.

For some reason, my mind, every day was telling me that it was my fault for not telling anyone about Brad's mental crisis. It was not only mental, it was emotional too. Exactly the same that happened to me.

One day, I thought that I would be alone like him at some point of my life. It got to the point where I got depression. I was just too scared to be lonely. Let's admit it, no one wants to be lonely.

Now I'm asking you...

Do you want to be lonely? Lonely like him. With no one by your side? With no one to be there for you? What'd you do if I told you that you will die alone? What if I told you that you will never find your other half? What if I told you that soulmates are not even real?

There are people out there with no mother, no father, no siblings... no one. There are people out there like him.

"Is anybody listening?! At all? Someone? No? I told you, Brad. You're alone in this fucking world!!!" He yelled at himself.

One night, those words really got to my heart. I wanted to run to his house and hug him and tell him that everything would be alright, that he'd be alright. But my stupidness took over. I was as scared as him. I never realised that Brad was an angel, a lost one. And that all he needed was to find his own path but he couldn't do it if there was no one there to guide him.

We all need someone to guide us, someone that would held our hand to walk with us until we make it 'till the end.