The Truth Comes Out

When I arrived into Florida something felt off. There was an awful stench that filled the air. I descended down to 100 ft in the air. I watched as a the lights of cities flew past and people honking their horns at on another. It was strange being back to the plain of the living after being in heaven for so long. We landed on the front lawn of my mothers house and she was already watching out of the window for me. She ran out of the house followed by my two little sisters. "Marcus we thought you were dead!" She yelled and looked to my wings. "What happened to you?" She asked in shock. 

"Mom I did die. I was in heaven and had gotten a major promotion while I was there." She walked around me as my siblings tackled me with hugs. "The guy is Ralph. One of the Archangels that I worked beside for the last few years." She plucked a feather off my wing and stared at it. "How would you like it if I started to pull your hair out." 

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be up there? What the hell did you do?" 

"Nothing."

"Stop that lying what did you do?"

"I swear mom I didn't do anything." 

Ralph got in between us and chuckled. "So this is how mortal mothers treat their sons? Sounds a lot like my father with the whole 'What did you do this time?' Look Miss he didn't do anything. He was an outcast. He is the first mortal to become an Archangel."  

"Who is this?" She asks and grabs him by the shirt and shakes him. "Stop trying to defend my son. He can do it himself." She lets go of him and he falls to the ground dizzy.

"Mom this is Ralph. He is an Archangel. The only one that was and is on my side. Everything he says is true. God isn't always in charge. Most of what happens and who goes where is up to the Archangels. God appointed me himself to be an Archangel. A special type of Archangel." She looked to me and had a confused look on her face. 

"What type of Archangel, Marcus?"

"It's nothing. Clearly I am not part of the program anymore. Only I know what it is. None of the other Archangels know or will ever know. Not even Ralph." 

She sat there for a few minutes just looking at me and my black feathered wings. "Why are they black and not white?" She asks still starring. 

"Because fire burns. When being thrown out of heaven and the different plains of the divine and mortal realms at thousands miles an hour sets you on fire." I stated sarcastically. 

"Let's get you inside Marcus."

"No mom. I can't. I don't want them to know that I am alive and around. I want you to give me up to foster care. Please mom I can not be around them. The less people know that I am alive the better." 

She almost slapped me before I even could finish. "Why in the hell should I give you up again. I just got you back."

"Because he is an Archangel. He is on earth and if the other higher ups believe he's a threat to them or any of the slightest harm to any of their operations up there they will send down someone or hire someone to come up and deal with it. If you understand what I mean." Ralph says and my mom looks to him and back to me.

"Marcus I can't lose you again. Plus how do you plan on getting put into foster care without the others being taking from me too?"

"That is easy mom. I just run away and when I get caught you just tell them that you can't handle it anymore and that you can't have me being around the rest of the kids to keep them from making the same mistakes I did"

"No Marcus. I.. Why are you asking me to do this?"

At this point I was getting frustrated. "Alright fine then mom. I will take care of all this myself. Just like I did before I was killed in cold blood doing the only thing I could think of to get you the kids back."

"Marcus what do you mean? You were killed in an accident. At the wrong place at the wrong time sort of thing. That is what the police told me."

"No mom. I was there on purpose. I meant to be there and I knew what was going down at that park. I killed myself so you can have your family back. I was the only person standing in your way to get the girls and Doug back because I was their father figure most of the time and DCF would not stand with you getting the kids back with me there. You are the parent, not me. Then you were to damn stubborn to get the kids back and leave me there."

"Marcus... You bastard." Is all she could say. Right before Ralph wiped her memory. 

"That was a huge mistake." I said right before I left.

"I thought that went down much smoother than I had thought. But anyways. What is your plan now?"