Living again the second time

As I explained on what was going on Dr. Jerome stitched me up and every time he would pull the thread, he would tug on it hard like he was making sure what he was stitching up was real. "So why are you hear? You landed in Florida but flew all the way up here in this weather." He says pointing out the window. 

"Yeah I had to. You are the only one I know and who I can trust with all of this heaven and hell shit." Once he was done I put my shirt back on and I could feel my wing starting to heal but slowly. "I also need a favor from you."

He looked at me and back down to the papers he had on the table. "Well I do owe you. I mean your living and breathing proof that there is a higher power. I always had a bet with every one of my patients that I will do any favor if they could give me proof that there is a higher power. Even if it met that I lost my job. I never thought I would ever have to fulfill that promise though." 

"Yeah I guess this a first for you. Anyway I need you to fill out a document or something saying that I was pronounced dead for the last few years because of unknown causes and that I was actually here in like a coma like state then just woke up or anything. I need proof of life to do anything." 

He looked at me with a confused look. "You know you can just go up to any court house and do all of that yourself. Can't you just say that you faked your death or something and moved to Cuba or something to get out of debts or away from enemies?" 

"No I can't people seen my body get buried. That's the main problem. Now that I think of it my plan doesn't work." I say hitting the table. 

"Whoa calm down there feathers. Look I can give you proof of life. We can just say that we made it look like we buried your body as closure for your family." He says leaving the room and about 30 minutes later he walks in with a folder of papers and hands them to me. "Here is everything you need to be legally alive. But the issue is that you'll need one of your parents to sign off on it to because you died as a minor and still technically a minor. Your mother lives in Florida still and your father is in prison." 

"I know he is. I got him put there before I died. But my mom? If she finds out I am alive she will freak out and possibly kill me. Death sucks and I don't want to go through it again." 

He just shrugs and picks up a phone and dials a number. I wait and he puts it on speaker. "Hello Mrs. Bailey? This is Dr. Jerome from..."

"Yes I remember you. You are the one that took care of my family whenever we were under the weather. Why are you calling me? I live in Florida now and I don't want to be bothered by anyone from the past."

"Yes I know mam but I have some very excellent but nerve wrecking news. Your oldest son.  Marcus. He is standing right beside me and is alive and well."

There was a long pause of awkward silence. "He is dead. Do not call me every again." 

"Mom? You're so quick to think I could stay dead." I said before she could hang up. I could hear her sobbing before she hung up. I looked to Jerome. "So what now?" I ask and then the phone rings again. He smiles and picks up the phone. 

"Yes it is really him. I did a bunch of tests.... yea.. Yea I understand. Why don't you come here and get him real quick I will let him crash at my place until you get here."

"No I can get there myself. I have wings. I can fly up there in a few hours. I need to finish healing before I can."

He looked to me and chuckled. "Mrs. Bailey. Marcus will meet you in Florida. Give him a day." He says before hanging up.

"Thanks doc." I say running out of the building and I ran into Ralph. "So Marcus did you get your life back?" He asks and smiles. 

"Yeah. Marcus Bailey is now a legally living person. Why are you smiling?"

"No reason." He says looking up. I followed his stare and on the top of the building was the group of hunters hanging by cables screaming. 

"Really? Ralph you are just... Crazy." I say walking away.

"I am not crazy. I just like to have fun with these mortals."

"Yeah, but if you keep having fun like that you will be in the same boat as me. You know your father doesn't like you interfering with the affairs of mortals such as myself."

The difference between me and Ralph and all the other Archangels was I was mortal, then died, then became an Archangel. The others were never mortal. They all were angels since the beginning.

As we left the hospital I heard a loud pitch screech that cracked every window in the area of us. I dropped to my knees holding my head as my ears bled. Ralph was unfazed by what was going on or it seemed but blood dripped from his ear. "What the hell Ralph?" I yelled hoping to get an understanding on what was going on.

"Don't look at me. It's another Archangel." 

"Why is there another one down here?"

"Because you are causing a scene up above. Literally coming back to live physically and legally was not the plan. You were supposed to fall and be on the run for the rest of your life hiding from your friends and family. Do you really think Daytona was a random spin on the wheel to throw you at? We knew that mortal that you loved was living there."