Part 5- A Lesson Learned

It was decided, once it was announced that you were staying, that you still needed an education, but if you went to your usual school, there would be questions regarding your father. So the egos took turns teaching you different things.

The Host taught you English and literature. While his narration of everything slightly annoyed you at first, you began to find it rather enjoyable, especially when he used it to playfully tease others.

Google taught math and history. All you had to do was give him a subject to search, and he would tell you about it or tell you how to figure out a problem. You had a sheet of paper where you would answer a question when you knew the answer. Sometimes, Google would 'postpone' the lesson so that you could tell him what it feels like having proper emotions, as he  could not properly show emotion. You liked getting to talk to him, and help him learn.

Dr.Iplier  taught you science and health. Despite what you thought, he could actually be a competent doctor when he wanted to, and knew biology and psychology very well. He taught you about all the possible illnesses, whether mental or physical. You often ended up having to snap him out of talking to himself, and when you asked him why he did it, he avoided the question and started talking about the human brain.

While they all taught you important things, and were fun to learn from, you learnt a very important lesson from neither of them.

It was a weekend, about two weeks after you had moved into Iplier.Inc. It seemed like everyone was busy. Wilford had to run off for an interview. Google had a long update on and could not be disturbed. Dr.Iplier had a therapy session to go to. Even the Jim's, who you thought would be free to play, had a news report to run away to. Dark was nowhere to be seen, likely working on whatever it was he worked on alone.

You decided to just walk around the place, and explore. You hadn't had the chance to look around before, other than a brief tour from Wilford. You quickly found that there was not a lot of interesting things to find; just halls and halls of empty rooms. You weren't sure how you didn't get lost in the seemingly endless row of halls.

You made your way back to the living room, hoping to find someone to talk to, or just to watch some T.V. However, on your way, you found an ajar door, and peered in; it was clearly Darks room.

Much like the mans name, Darks room was completely dark. It was like it was an endless void, the only things residing inside it being a single desk with papers thrown about it and a messy, unmade bed.

You noticed a large book sitting in the middle of the desk. It was glowing, and seemed to beckon you towards it. You looked down both ends of the hall, making sure no one was watching, then walked towards the desk.

The handwriting in the book was neat, and the cause of the glowing. It seemed to have a dark hue around it, and you guessed that it was Dark's writing. You knew you shouldn't read it, but your curiosity got the better of you:

I don't know what Will was thinking. If Mark finds out that he let a child from the outside world into our world, we are all going to be in trouble. However... I can't say no to him. He needs something to take his mind off things. He has been remembering more often, and I'm worried that if I keep trying to make him forget, it will only hurt him more. I don't want to hurt him, that is the last thing I would want to do to him. If he were to break more than he has by my hands, I don't think I could forgive myself. So, the child stays for now. At least he is happy. Besides, she is the least of my problems right now-

"What are you doing in my room?"

You froze. You could feel him standing right behind you. Slowly, you turned to face him. His eyes burned with rage, and you made a tiny squeaking noise in fear.

"I-I'm sorry! I was j-just curious! I-" you started to say, before Dark raised his hand and you felt your feet leave the ground. You were floating.

"You're sorry? Well being sorry does NOT hide the fact that you went into my room without permission and read what you should not have!" Dark yelled, his voice growing louder with every word. He threw you out the door and you fell to the ground. You sprinted to your room as he yelled out to you.

"If I see you in here again, I promise you will never be seeing this place again!"

You learned quickly not to get on Darks bad side.

Sorry this took a while to upload, I've just started college last week so I had my mind on other stuff. Expect updates to be slower for a while. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, I'll see you in the next one!