12. Aww, Ty, Ty

Camry's POV

Sunday morning. The harsh sun heated against my face as I squinted, slowly lifting myself off the bed.

It was one of those mornings which I wished that instead of praying by myself I could be at church like any normal family but it is what it is.

Padding downstairs, I automatically knew that my mom wasn't home, and she probably wouldn't be till tomorrow. I take that quiet time to wash the dishes and clean the house. Hair flew to the front of my face as I wiped the counter and the doorbell rang.  Furrowing my eyebrows I walk towards it, slowly opening it until the persons face comes into view.

"Tyler?"

"Why do you sound so unhappy to see me?" He pouts and I look down at my attire.

My ratty T-shirt was soaked with soggy foot stains and my legs were on somewhat full display from the loose shorts I had on.

"I'm cleaning right now, can you—"

"Great then, we have something to go—" He pushes the door open and I stumble back a bit. His eyes find mine, before moving down my chest, then to my legs. "Hello. . " he drawls a smirk playing on his lips and I roll my eyes.

"Here you go lover boy." I slap the rag into his chest. "Get working."

"You know I forgot to ask you. ." he says, closing the door and I raise an eyebrow walking into the almost spotless kitchen as Tyler looks around curiously. "What's an underage girl doing working at a bar?"

"Earning money." I shrug. "You were drinking soo. ."

"There are other ways of earning an income." He states seriously while wiping the counters.

"This one pays a bit more."

"So you like the men who tries to breathe down  your neck and see though the tiny slits of your pants all night?"

"Oh so you were watching me." I tease, amused by his jealously, but not only that, my heart squeezed a bit and I willed the feeling to move along.

"I'm always watching you."

"Like I said, not creepy at all. Go don't sound like a stalker or anything." He chuckles wringing the cloth over the sink. "Really though. . maybe you could look into other jobs. . safer ones at that. Anything could happen to you at that hour if the night."

"If I could Ty, I would but for noe this is all I have." He looks at me, his eyes wide and I scratch my neck.

"Is there something on my fave?"

"You called me Ty. . "

"I did?" I tilt my head. "Is that a problem?" I frown and he shakes my head.

"Not at all. I like it." We share a small smile before I turn my gaze with the clearing if my throat, a flare creeping up my throat.

× × ×

"Your house looks perfect." Tyler comments as I walk up to my room and I nod.

"Thanks for helping."

"Its no problem, I had nothing better to do anyway." He shrugs.

"Parents not home?"

"Oh they are. And they're making sure I know it." His fave scrunches and I tilt my head trying to unders—

"Oh - oh." I blush, averting my eyes as he leans back on my headboard, my bed a bit too small for him yet he made it work.

"Can I ask you a question Camry?" He asks thoughtfully and I nod.

"What's your favourite word?"

"My what?" I raise an eyebrow and he smirks.

'You heard me." Surprisingly, I have thought about this before.

"No."

"No?"

"Yes, no is my favourite word." He scrunches up his face.

"Why?"

"One word. Two letters hold so much authority. It can stop someone in their tracks its like an invisible force." I murmur. "No is small, yet its. . .its powerful."

Unlike me, I'm powerless in this world.

"Never thought of it that way." I laugh st that.

"Not a lot of people think of favourite words Gold."

"Then I guess you and me were just meant to be Ioha."

My heart skips a beat at his joke and I hastily push it aside.

"You have a favourite word?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"Camry."