stb«-»twenty-nine

two weeks later | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Treasure.

Ivory sits the paperwork on my desk and I thank her, and finish up on my mother's dress. For the past two weeks, I've been coming in early these past two weeks to work on it. Since all my events and sales were up, my schedule has been clear. I knew that it would only be right to tailor the dress without being in a rush. I can't have my mother looking a mess on her wedding day. I know things won't be perfect, but as long as she feels special, that's all that really matters. I hang my mother's dress back up with the cover. I turn off the light and leave my designing room, closing the door. The time is now two thirty in the afternoon and I've been here since about eight in the morning. I've gotten a lot of work done. Nearing my desk, I see the folder that holds my sales records. I'm excited to see it because a lot of blogs have been waiting for me to design something different. They'll only be in stores for a limited time, so I knew that people would rack up quick. It's the right thing to do. As I sit at my desk, someone knocks on the door and I tell them to come in. When I see its Manner, I smile bright because I haven't see him in a while. He's been busy with college and work, that we barely see him anymore. I'm proud of him for doing something for himself for once.

"What's up." Manner greets as I stand to my feet to hug him.

"You went ghost bro, how are you? You're just coming from class?" I question as we pull back, seeing the book bag on his back.

"Yea. I'll be getting that college degree in about four weeks." He says, having a seat behind my desk.

"That's good. I'm really proud of you for stepping out and doing your own thing." I smile, sitting in the chair in front of my desk.

"Pop said the same thing." Manner smiles, sitting back and kicking his feet up. I playfully roll my eyes at his cockiness. 

"Did you look into properties to start your company?"

"Yea, but I don't even know what I want to do yet. I have so many ideas that it's hard to choose. You know I also thought of doing business real-estate as well. I've been taking night classes."

"Damn! Look at you, go head bro. I ain't mad at you, you trynna get that chicken." I chuckle, causing him to laugh and shake his head.

"I haven't heard that word referenced and money in a long time. You getting old." Manner teases. I frown and smack my lips.

"Shut up. You just turned twenty-five and trust me, you'll be thirty before you know it." I assure him, traveling over to my bag where my phone alerts me of a text.

"That's real shit though. Damn, I need to find a wife." He says, causing me to laugh. I text Kelis back and sit back down.

"Don't rush it. Trust me, when the right one comes along you will know." I assure him.

"Yea. I get what you're saying. I'm with Bria now, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be together forever. I get what you're saying." Manner says. I nod while sitting back in my seat.

"Exactly, so about starting your own company."

"What about it?"

"What are you going to do? I know you said that you're taking real-estate classes. You know you can do a lot with that, with your business degree." Manner nods in agreement with my statement.

"I know. I was thinking about building and selling. I talked to Pop about starting my own construction company. I already got the name for it, Manner-Able Construction Inc." he says.