Seeds

Bethany woke with a jolt, looking at the door where the sound came from.

Tara smiled sympathetically, "Sorry."

Bethany shook her head, "It's fine, what time is it?"

"10.15, your dad said to call him when you were awake," she said walked over to Abel's incubator.

Bethany nodded and sat up taking the blanket off herself, folding it and sitting it down.

"Thanks for yesterday Tara."

"No problem, just doing my job."

Bethany smiled sweetly at her and walked out of Abel's room and into the hall. She pulled her phone out her pocket, deciding to call Chibs instead of her dad, wanting to be showered and feed before he grilled her.

"Hello?"

"Uncle Chibs can you come and get me please?"

"Course darlin', where are ya?"

"St. Thomas."

"Wait out front, I'll be there soon."

"Okay thanks, I love you."

"Love you too darlin'."

Bethany looked at her phone as she walked towards the elevator. She realised she had a text from Nate.

'What the fuck did you say? I have a guy on a motorcycle following me, fix this now.'

Bethany rolled her eyes but text back, 'I will.'

By the time she made it to the front, Chibs was already there, leaning against his bike.

"There's my girl," Chibs said making her smile. "Gemma said you had quite the hangover, how ya feeling now?"

"Better," she chuckled. "Not ready to face my dad though, can you take me to Grandmas?"

He nodded, "Your carriage awaits."

She grinned taking the helmet from him and hopping on behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and he started his bike.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bethany sighed seeing Clay's bike in his usual space, she was hoping everybody was out so that she could get ready then deal with them at the clubhouse.

"Sorry kiddo, I can hide you from yer da, but not from Clay," Chibs said.

"It's fine Uncle Chibs, thank you," she kissed his scared cheek, handing him back his helmet.

"Love you darlin'."

"Love you too."

Chibs pulled away as she walked up the drive, she frowned realising her car wasn't there. Where was her car? She couldn't even remember when she last saw it. She walked into the house, seeing Clay sitting at the dinning table.

"Hey Grandpa, what are you doing home?"

"Could ask you the same question. Thought you were to call your dad, not Chibs."

"Uncle Chibs doesn't five me shit," Bethany replied without thinking.

Clay raised an eyebrow at the curse that felt his granddaughters mouth.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"Listen Beth," Clay sighed. "Your dad is hard on you because when he was your age he was a little bastard, don't let him make you think otherwise. He dropped out of school and he just doesn't want the same for you, alright?"