Patch Over

I was still laid in the hospital bed, I was told I would have to stay here a couple more nights. I had my laptop sitting on my lap, watching videos on Youtube. I paused the video I was watching as the door opened and my dad entered with a small smile on his face. 

"Hey," I smiled. 

"Hey darlin'," he said sitting down beside my bedside. "What you watching?"

"Just some videos on Youtube, Grandma's picking up school work for me," I rolled my eyes. 

"Hey, you should use this time to catch up so when you return on Monday you won't be behind in any of your classes." 

"How's Abel?" I asked changing the subject. 

"Good, I was in seeing him before coming to see you."

I nodded, "That's good."

"Got something to tell you," he said sighing. "Clay needs me on a run." 

"Okay," I nodded, I knew nothing was going to change even with what happened to me. I knew and understood that the club came first. 

"Heading to Nevada to see Uncle Jury. You need anything you call Tig or Juice okay? And if you can't get them Opie." 

I nodded, "Yeah understand."

"Alright, I gotta head out. I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled up at him as he stood and leaned down to kiss my forehead. "Ride safe."

"Always," he grinned once more before leaving. 

Not long after my dad left, my phone vibrates from the bedside cabinet. I leaned over, wincing slightly form the pain in my legs.  Nate's name was written on the screen along with 'Heard your dad's out of town for a couple of days, wanna meet up?'

I thought about it. I promised my dad I'd stay away and it wasn't that it was hard to stay away. Nate had so much shit on me that if I didn't agree, he would either tell my dad and the club all my secrets or worse Hale. 

'I'm still in hospital. If you come and meet me I can sign myself out.'

'I'll be there in 5.' 

I sighed locking my phone and forcing myself out of bed, grabbing the bag of clothes that Grandma had brought me and headed towards the bathroom to get changed. 

Once I was ready, I went back into my room and packed everything into my back pack

Once I was ready, I went back into my room and packed everything into my back pack. I walked out of my room, looking down the hallways, hoping that Tara wasn't on shift and I didn't bump into her. I walked up to the nurse's station and informed the nurse I wanted to sign myself out. 

"You sure darlin'?" she asked. "You feeling better?"

I nodded with a fake smile, "A lot better."