Chapter 6.3

I leaned against the glass as Colin woke up. "Where am I?" he asked.

"If Lana doesn't wake up, neither will you," I said. Both of my wrists and hands were splinted to help the healing, and Lana was in surgery as they tried to figure out what was wrong with her. I had a quick surgery to get the bones set properly, a good thing to have since I smashed everything from my forearm down in my left arm and pretty much all the bones in my right hand.

"I'm telling you, it's not me."

"Then who is it? Who's all here?" I shouted.

"You, me, Blair, Kendall, Martin and Karson. I don't know who is doing what, and who is just hiding."

"Karson? Here? Colin, what is going on?"

"They're after us. The king and queen. We all left. I was the last one. At least, out of all of us. There might be others, and we might have been followed. We didn't have a choice, Vienna."

"Why are you attacking me, then?"

"I'm not. I swear. We need your help."

"My help?"

"Help us take back the planet. You know how bad it was before - it's even worse now. But if I can find everyone else, and they agree to come back and help, we can stop them."

"No," I said. "I have other things to worry about, and you're staying here."

"Have you talked to Blair?" he asked.

"A little, but she didn't mention anything about home."

"So you don't know anything about what's going on?"

"No, I don't."

"And you haven't seen anyone else."

"No."

"Vienna, please tell me you understand how bad this is."

"Why don't I remember what Blair's powers are?" I asked. "Or Karson's?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."

"What are they?"

"Blair can manipulate lightning and Karson can control electronics."

"Electronics? Like cars?"

He shrugged and shook his head. "I don't know. Maybe. It makes the most sense if she's going after you. Using the electronic devices which the humans are using to help you to weaken you instead. Or the monarchy could be after you."

"Why would they be after me if you all ran away from them?"

"You ran away first."

I turned around and walked towards the door.

"You're leaving me in here?"

I looked back at him. "I thought that was obvious."

"Vienna, I can help you."

I shook my head. "Not with this."

~~~

"But you don't remember anything about them?" Greta asked me.

"No. With Colin locked up, that means we're up against Blair's lightning, Kendall's fire, Martin's earth powers, and Karson's electronics."

"Karson could know everything about us," Ms. Cansola said. "Especially since everything is digitalized."

"That means keeping Lana on the life support devices could be killing her," I added. "But taking her off of them will also kill her."

"But she wasn't near any electronics when she ran up to me," Oliver stated. "And how would Vienna have been affected when she showed up?"

"If something happened to both myself and Lana, that means someone was at the prom that made that happen. They could be on a security camera."

Greta paused for a minute, and then shook her head. "We can check, but with Karson controlling electronics, I doubt there will be a video left for us to find."

"Can I do anything to help?" I asked.

Greta shook her head. "Get some sleep. You'll need to be ready when we figure something out, and once Lana wakes up."

"Just go get some sleep? At a time like this? I can't sit around and do nothing!"

Ms. Cansola shook her head. "Please, Vienna," she spoke softly. "Believe me, I want to do something just as much as you do, but we can't right now, and we need you ready for when we do."

"I can't let something happen to her. First Theo, and now Lana. What happens if we can't wake her up? What happens if next time we don't get lucky?"

Ms. Cansola pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to me. "Go get some food. Take a walk, or a fly or whatever you want. It'll help."

I shook my head as I held back tears. "It can't help Lana."

"But it can help you," Greta added. "And then you can help Lana."

"I can't not do anything!"

"I promise I will call you as soon as we find out anything," Greta said. "Go get some air. Take a break."