The Mark

When Britt and Hathor went to sleep, it seemed like Britt's dream started again. In the dream she was surrounded by Darkness and she had her eyes closed but she could feel she was against something. It felt muscular, warm and she curled up close to it.

"Hello My Queen." Atem said

Britt's eyes widened and she looked up meeting eyes of the man she used to see. She tried to get away from him but she felt something go around her keeping her where she was. It took her a moment before she realized what was around her was wings.

"W-What are you?" Britt asked

"Me? I'm an Incubus." Atem said as he got close to her neck and planted a kiss on it.

Britt tried to fight but his aura was making her like what he was doing. She didn't know him, she didn't trust this stranger and yet she couldn't fight.

"I'm not your Queen." Britt said

"Of course you are, you will be." Atem said

Outside of the dream, Atem was ontop of her in cat form looking at her. The link to her mind was strong and using his demonic form in her mind kept his identity safe. Though there was no masking his voice no matter how much he wanted to.

Over in Hathor's Mind, Yugi was laying by her. He wasn't one to intrude in minds but he was fighting his nature. So for once he decided to see how she'd react.

In Hathor's mind it was bright and magical, but then the bright light faded as she saw eyes that were familiar to her.

"Yugi?" Hathor asked

"Not exactly." Yugi said

Hathor wasn't used to such dreams and it seemed that whoever this was, didn't mean to cause her harm but what more could there be to be in her mind. She made a mental note to seek help when her and Britt awoke from their sleep.

"What do you want?" Hathor asked

"You, As my mate." Yugi said

"Mate?" Hathor said

"All will be revealed in time." Yugi said

He couldn't bring himself to start the mark this night. Even though he'd kissed the girl, she didn't know what he was nor what she truly was so it didn't seem right to do all this at once.

Over in Britt's mind, she was still fighting but as she struggled she started to see what had ahold of her. He had claws, fangs, and wings something that wasn't human that she was for sure.

"You're not even human." Britt said

"You think you are?" Atem asked

"Yes, I am." Britt said

"Wrong, my little Succubus. You are more than meets the eye." He said

"Succubus?" Britt said

Atem seen he had her mind distracted with that thought, he took the opportunity to start the mark. He got close to her neck again and softly bit down on the spot, marking her as his. He thought about finishing the mark but before he could Britt sat up and gasped.

As a cat he looked at her, had he finished the mark her blood would have been on his mouth. Britt looked at the cat with a smile and she pet his head.

"it was just a dream." Britt said

'but what if it wasn't?' Britt thought, then Britt got up and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror as she gasped backing away. There on her neck was a mark it was clearly unfinished but she didn't know what to do about it.

"It wasn't a dream, it was real. So an Incubus is after me...what am I gonna tell Yami?" Britt said

Britt returned to bed and she tried sleeping, when it came to morning she did her best to try and hide it. Her hair was long enough she could hide it like hiding a hickie.

"Morning." Hathor said

"M-Morning." Britt said

Hathor noticed Britt seemed a bit off, then again she'd been visited by someone in her dreams before. She wondered if it was starting again and she sat down looking at her cousin.

"What's wrong?" Hathor asked

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." Britt said

"Try me." Hathor said

"I saw him again, in my dreams. He's not human and he bit me last night." Britt said

"Britt, he bit you? Come on it sounds ridiculous." Hathor said though she'd been visited by an incubus.

Hathor walked over seeing Britt was hiding something with her hair and she carefully moved her hair. She gasped seeing Britt's neck looked like something sharp bit into it in many places.

"You weren't kidding." Hathor said

"I woke up and when I went to the bathroom it was there." Britt said

"Let's go to a friends place, they may be able to help." Hathor suggested

"No, let's go to our grandparents." Britt said firmly, they had resources that could help.

Hathor nod as they went to their grandparents place to get help. Britt had covered up the area again as they went. The boys had listened in animal form and wondered what this was going to be like.

'what did you do Atem?' Yugi thought to Atem

'I marked her. As you should of done to your girl. My Mark isn't finished but it will be when she surrenders.' Atem thought

Maahes, the girls grandfather was a wise man. He knew many things like he knew that certain ones of his granddaughters were more than they appeared. So when Hathor and Britt showed up he knew something must of started.

"Girls, what is going on?" Maahes asked

"What's an Incubus?" They said at the same time, "and what's a succubus?"

Maahes expected this eventually, for see the girls grandmother wasn't human. She was supernatural as the girls were. It seemed to of skipped their childrens generation though and went to their grandchildren.

"An Incubus, is a demon who preys on women in their sleep." Maahes said, "Incubus or Succubus can drain people of their energy and souls if they wish. Have you come in contact with an Incubus?" Maahes asked

"I have recently, but Britt has definatly." Hathor said then moved Britt's hair showing the mark.

Maahes stood up seeing the mark on her neck, he could tell it was from an Incubus.

"He's marked you as his mate." Maahes said

"So he wants to kill me?" Britt asked

"No, it means he wants you as his mate to have his children. Girls it's time I tell you the truth about your grandmother." Maahes said

Asim came in and they looked at her wondering what was going on. Maahes took Asim's hand in his and he smiled before looking at them.

"Your grandmother is a succubus. It skipped your parents generation and went to you." Maahes said

"Great." Hathor said, and she didn't like it.

"What can we do?" Britt asked

Asim left the room and came back with two cloaks. She placed them on the girls and put them over their heads.

"Keep these cloaks around you at all times. It was weaken the link the Incubus have with you and you need to leave Egypt where they can't find you." Asim said

"Leave?" Britt asked

"It is for the best." Maahes said

Atem could feel a weakness in the connection to his Queen. Yugi could feel it too and they knew what that meant.

'so it begins.' They thought