30

Wilmer

It had been such a rainy day. Alexa flew out to New York for some modeling thing, and Kayla went to Marissa's house after finding out Hailey was there. I was assuming Demi ways at the studio, working.

I took a long nap because I was exhausted from a lot of filming and then did a quick workout with a couple of friends.

After that I had a few appointments I had to make, and then after that the house was mine. I didn't really do much because of the weather, so I just ended up taking another nap.

After about thirty minutes I'm woken up by the doorbell. I was confused as to who was knocking, but I didn't protest when I opened the door.

My eyes squint open to reveal Demi at my door. Her eyes were extremely red, and so was her nose. She looked terrible, like she hadn't slept in days.

"Demi, what happened.." I said instantly pulling her into my arms. She clung to me tightly..

"Tell me it's not true.." she mumbled in between her sobs. "Tell me that my grandmothers not dead..." she cried melting into my arms.

She was so weak that she couldn't even cry anymore, let alone walk. And my heart cracked just seeing her like this. I carried her into one of the guest bedrooms and sat her down on the bed.

"Demi I.. I don't know what to say.. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone would lie about th-"

Was cut off by her sobs, she covered her mouth and only a silent scream came out of her mouth. I've never seen Demi like this before so I had no idea what to do. She didn't hear anything I was saying to her. She just weakly sobbed with her eyes shut.

All I could do was hold her while she screamed and cried for her grandmother. It hurt me so much to see her like this, that tears started falling out of my eyes too. We cried together for hours.

She had come to me in around two in the afternoon and had been like that till the night, and I wasn't going to let her go pick up the girls in that state.

I made Demi take a shower, hoping she would be able to calm down. I was sure by now the kids had got the news too. I called Marissa and she told me they were doing okay. I talked to both of them, who seemed pretty upset too. I told them I loved them both, and thanked Marissa for taking care of them.

I knocked on the door to check on Demi and I got no answer. So I waiting a few more minutes and opened the door to find her sitting in the cold shower with only her t shirt and underwear on.

She just sat there staring at the tiled floor. I turned the water so it could heat up because it was freezing cold, and took off my shirt, stepping inside myself. She blinked at my presence.

"Your not gonna be alone.. not this time, it's not happening again. Do you hear me?" I grab her hands looking straights into her eyes. Even though she was still staring at the floor, her tears blending in with the water were enough to tell me that she was listening.

When she finally spoke all she could say was, "she's gone.."

--

I ended up having to give her a shower myself. I didn't mind it, because it wasn't like I'd never seen her naked before.

"Your okay Demi.." I mumbled running my hands through her hair. "Im not gonna let you go down that path again.."

She sniffed, silently bringing her hands to my back to hug me. We didn't speak, we just stood there in n embrace because there ways nothing I could regally say. Her grandmother was gone, and there was nothing we could do.

I gave her one of my shorts and a t shirt to wear, and watched her slip them on

I gave her one of my shorts and a t shirt to wear, and watched her slip them on. Demi was so out of it. When she tried to speak no words came out of her mouth, and she was so upset that her cries couldn't even be heard anymore.

I decided to sleep with her, laying her on my bed and wrapping her in my arms. I thought of Alexa, but pushed those thoughts away because I didn't want to admit to myself that Demi was more important.

"Thank you.." Demi mumbled in a distant voice, looking into my eyes.

I sigh kissing her forehead. "You don't need to thank me Demi. I did what anyone would have done.. I wish I could do more.."

Demi sniffed nodding and pressed her forehead on my chest, letting her tears fall down her checks