Keys

"Do you ever try to match people together because of the strings?" Jeonghan asked while sipping on his coffee.

"Only once, it didn't work out. I try not to play into the affairs of people's love, my mom always said it was wrong." Minghao replied while wiping down the table next to Jeonghan.

Jeonghan nodded. "I hardly see people with connected strings. So I think 'hey, why not just be Cupid and make it happen?' " he still had yet to tell Minghao about Wonwoo.

"Have you ever seen someone's string change to another person?" Jeonghan started choking on the coffee he sipped.

Minghao rushed to his side and rubbed his back. "Sorry! Are you alright?" Jeonghan finally finished his dramatic fit and turned to face Minghao. "Yeah, it's like you read my mind just now. In fact yesterday I saw it happen."

"Oh really?" Minghao looked at Jeonghan with wide eyes. "Yeah, fate seems to think that my roommate Wonwoo belongs with me." Jeonghan smiled shyly.

Neither knew what to say. Jeonghan still didn't know what he was going to do about it, and Minghao wasn't sure what was appropriate to say.

"Is that good? What are you gonna do?  What if he becomes obsessive like that Chan kid?" Jeonghan watched as Minghao rambled on. "I'm going to let him shoot his shot if he ever does. I don't want to turn him away right away, especially if his feelings are true. And what Chan kid?" Minghao sighed.

"The other day some kid literally ran into me and he called the whole thing fate, he insists that we're soulmates." Minghao narrowed his eyes at Jeonghan as the latter laughed. "Well is he connected to you?" Minghao shook his head defeated.

"All of my roommates told me to give him a chance. I guess I will but I'd rather help them out." Jeonghan nodded understandably. "Who are your roommates? I want to meet them. And you can meet mine too."

"Well there's Seungcheol, he doesn't believe in the soulmate thing but I've never seen him go on a date regardless. I know his soulmate and he doesn't even care either. Mingyu has a new date every month, I've never seen who he's connected to. And lastly Junhui, he just went on a date with a guy from America. So he thinks there's something there but I haven't met his boyfriend so I don't know. Even if none of them are connected it's nice to see them happy."  Minghao smiled as he remembered how happy Junhui looked as he talked about his date.

"An American guy? Was his name Joshua?" Jeonghan asked while thinking a little too deeply about that part. "Yeah, why?" Jeonghan now smiled. "That little shit, he never told me he went on a date. That's my cousin."

"Small world huh. Honestly, I feel like we're connected in so many ways it's crazy." Minghao pinched the bridge of his nose.

Before Jeonghan could respond, the bell at the door signaled a customer came in, and it was followed by a light scream.

The scream came from Minghao, upon seeing Chan walk through the door. Jeonghan was confused, and Chan immediately smiled but it faltered when he saw Minghao with Jeonghan.

"What the fuck Minghao?" Everyone turned to see Jihoon behind the counter rubbing his head. "Did I wake you? Sorry Jihoon." Jihoon only shook his head as he looked at everyone in the room.

Chan sat next to Minghao and immediately clung to him, which caused Jeonghan to raise an eyebrow. "Ah Chan, I didn't expect you to be  here early, don't you have class?" Minghao asked and Chan only tightened his grip. "Yeah, but I don't care about becoming a lawyer. I'd rather spend my time with you duh."