Remelle wants Revenge - The Arrival.

They pulled up in front of the castle in Doranelle. The journey had been long, tiresome. Not one they hadn't endured before, but no matter how many times they took this journey it never grew easier.

They exited their carriage, Rowan then Aelin and then Aedion following behind.
Gavriel and Fenrys hopped down from the driver's seat of the carriage, stretching out their muscles.

The other carriage pulled up behind them, Lorcan and Connall jumping down from the driver's seat as Elide, Lysandra and Evangeline climbed out, adjusting their dresses.
Vaughan had decided to stay in Doranelle after the defeat of Maeve, to assist the new monarch with his rule.

Aedion went straight over to Lysandra, pulling her to the side and talking quietly.
Lorcan moved to Elide's side silently as he usually did. She slid her small hand into his overly-large one, looking up at him with a smile.

She felt Rowan's hand on her back. Fenrys and Connall were talking with Evangeline, making her cackle with laughter and Gavriel stood back, watching his son. Rowan patted him on the shoulder as they walked up the stairs and into the palace.
The guard didn't need to check their names as they walked in, he already knew each one of their faces.

They were announced to the great ballroom one by one as they entered and everyone turned to see.

Aelin, Rowan, and Aedion moved toward the throne and the new king of Doranelle straight away. As they were the royals of Terrasen, it was expected that they greet the host as soon as they arrive.

"Queen Aelin, King Rowan, its nice to see you both. And you also Prince Aedion," King Endymion smiled.

"Enda, these formalities, really?" Rowan laughed shaking Enda's hand.

"You know how it is, cousin," he winked, sliding his hands into his pockets casually.

They chuckled.

"So Aedion, how's your soldiers going?" Enda turned to her cousin, smiling.

Aelin pulled Rowan away, towards the tables covered in delicious looking food.
Their cousins could talk for hours about soldiers and training and war, like hell she was gonna stand there and listen when the sweet smell of chocolate cake was calling to her.

As she was about to shove a delicious chunk of heaven in her mouth, the door man's voice rang through the room.

"Introducing, Lady Remelle of Doranelle!"

Remelle smiled down at the crowd like she was some kind of queen. Each step down was full of grace and elegance and utter conceitedness as her silk red dress shined in the light cast from the chandeliers.

"Ugh, she's so gross," Aelin said, her voice muffled around the large chunk of cake she had shoved in her mouth.

She looked up at Rowan, his face pulled into an amused frown and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Shut up, I am not gross," Aelin said, her cheeks bulging.

"You're a queen right?" Rowan's eyes crinkled as he smiled at her.

She swallowed hard and glared, punching his arm, "Yes."

Rowan just chuckled as he wiped a bit of chocolate off her chin.

Remelle seemed to be making her way over to them, a smile on her face.
At the last minute she changed direction, moving toward their cousins with a smirk on her face.

Aelin's eyes narrowed as she picked up another piece of cake.

What was she up to?