The Split-Second Love

His face blended into the water, his hair wet and long, hanging just above his shoulder-blades. I wanted him, I wanted the special moments, the love, compassion, and all the moments in between.

" You are a siren, you know? Something has hooked me onto you, I can't breathe without you popping into my head." He spoke, caressing my cheek. 

The moon beamed beautifully in the sky, hitting the oceans ripples perfectly, causing a hint of purple and blue to appear holographic. 

" I love you, I just- I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pressed a kiss onto his lips. I leaned out, his eyes were deep, and full.

" How long could we stay out here? Forever perhaps? I don't want this to end. This is something I've only seen in movies, or in a deep slumber."  I spoke soft, holding onto him tightly.

" We can stay out here forever if you'd like, I don't mind it. We would be adapted to the prune-like texture of our fingertips. Our hair forever wet, never having to wash it because its always clean, no need to wear clothing because we don't have to impress anyone. I like here. I like now." His words drifted into the air, I swooned.

" How will we stay up, won't we get tired from swimming?" I asked him, moving a piece of his dark strand from his face. We moved in a circle, close; We looked magical, almost slow-dancing in the water, the rush of the waves were our music. 

" We won't have to stay up, we'd be so adapted to the ocean, we'd float ourselves without the struggle." He kissed my forehead lightly.

A sudden pain filled my throat, but went away after he hugged my body tight. 

" You keep me alive."

" I know." He held me tight, I didn't want this to end.

" Have you ever been on a boat?" He asked in  a whispered tone.

" Yes, my dad owns a fishing company, we actually went on earlier today. It was fun but I got a little dizzy, I think I got sea-sick." I smiled.

" Wheres he now?" 

" I'm not sure, I stayed here and he took the boat back to shore I think."

His glaze looked up, and his head turned towards the moon.  I held him, looking up as well. It was stunning, the moon. So bright, so big. It was something to admire.

My throat started hurting again, but this time he swam from me. He stared at me.

" I can't breathe." I whispered.

" I know." He dispersed. He was gone. This love of mine was gone. I was left, alone.

I began coughing rapidly, and sunk into the deep sea.

" Regan can you hear me? Regan! Is she breathing? Waters in her lungs we need to get it out! Regan? Regan?" 

My father had carried me out of the water and back onto his boat.