Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Rose's POV

"Y-You..uh..wow..ahem...you look really nice." Wally says scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. I smile and ruffle the top of his head.

"Shal we?" I announce.

"We shal." Ace says with a crooked grin. I could see Dick's eyes on her. Not moving for a second. I cough to get his attention. He looks at me, his cheeks flushing red as he looks at his feet as he walks quickly to the Zeta Tubes.

I detach from Wally and make my way over to Dick. His cheeks faded now to a barely noticeable pink. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Don't...don't worry about me." He says with a smile. I look him and shake my head.

"Like I'll ever stop doing that." I say as I ruffle up his hair.

We waited outside the long line to get into the place where we were going to eat. It took us, one Bio ship, and two motorcycles, do get to our destination.
Wally had his arms around my neck and his chest leaning into my back as he rested his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes. "Screw this place! The line is too damn long." I mumble. "Come on! I know a place!" I say to the team Who shrugs as we leave.

---

I slid into the booth of a milkshake joint down in Gotham. I sat in between Dick and Wally. Wally's hand curling around mine. I sipped my banana milkshake as we all talked and caught up with each other like old times.

"So." I say to Dick who was unusually quiet and fully engaged in his milkshake. "I hear my little brother manages Blüdhaven all by himself." I say. "Is it true?"

"Yeah. It is." He says with a smile.

"He takes after his sister." I say. He smiles and rolls his eyes.

"He took up Blüdhaven for you." M'gann pipes up. I pinch Dick's cheek.

"Your so adorable." I coo. He swats my hand away and goes back to his milkshake. I look at Wally who now has a death grip on my hand. "Are you okay Wally?" I ask quietly. He looks at me.

"Y-Yeah...yeah..I'm fine babe." He says with a weak smile.

"Are you sure? You look a bit pale." I say as I feel his forehead.

"I do feel a bit sick...but it's nothing." Wally says.

"If you don't feel good then go home. It okay." I say. "I don't want you to be really sick later on." I say.

"It's okay..I don't want to ruin our get together with the team." He says. I put a hand to his cheek so he looks at me.

"You're sweet." I say. "But really. If you don't feel good, we'll go home." I say with a kind smile.

"O...Okay." He says quietly.

"Do you want me to take care of you?" I ask.

"No..no. It's fine babe. I'll just go home and you can head right back here and continue." He says.

"Hey. Dick?" I say. He turns to me.

"Hm?" He asks.

"Can you move out so Wally and I can get out." I say.

"Mhm." He says getting up and moving. I slide out of the booth. Wally, following.

"Rose." I hear someone say. I turn to see Artemis standing up. "I'll take him home okay? You should stay here. I mean. It is to catch up with you. And I'd be hard to do that without you here." She says.

"Thanks Artemis." I say. She smiles.

"No problem." She replies as her and Wally head for the exit. I turn around to see Conner and M'gann awkwardly sitting next to each other as Zatanna and Ace watch Arty and Wally leave. Dick and I slide back into the booth. M'gann, Ace, and Zatanna started to talk about something.

"So. How are my two favorite boys?" I say.

"I'm good." Conner says quietly.

"I'm okay." Dick says.

"You guys are so....quiet." I say. "What's going on?" I ask.

"N-Nothing! Nothing is going on. Just thinking." Dick says.

"About what?" I ask curiously.

"Just...everything." He says with a sigh.

"Alright." I say. "What's the matter? Both of you." I ask. "It seems like you two are all depressed." Conner just looks away, crossing his arms over his chest and Dick looks at his milkshake.
"Fine. I'll drop it." I mumble.

Why does it feel like everyone is keeping a secret from me?

Why...why does it feel like I'm not even here?

Usually Wally and Dick and I would be deep in a conversation by now but...it seems like they are fine without me...

Maybe...maybe I should go back to being Hush.

-

So. Chapter Four. I know it sucks :/ sorry.

Hope you are enjoying anyway! xD ily guyssssss!

-Stay Whelmed-