Chapter 9

CHAPTAH NINE GUYS!!

___^^____

Chapter 9

The sun finally rose and we just finished eating breakfast that Jake bought us. Today, we need to walk again towards broadway with no interruptions, no distractions and no fun anymore. I've had enough yesterday.

"What date is it?" Terrence asked with looking at us, as he checks his backpack.

"Almost Halloween, I think." Percy answered while checking her pack as well.

"Halloween?" Jake says. "I heard that they're having a play in broadway for Halloween."

"How'd you know? Where'd you heard?" I ask curiously.

"Uh, the mortals are talking about it." he answers, not so surely. "They say uh, that they're excited for it."

"If you so," I say. "So you're all ready?" they nodded while standing up and ready to walk.

Walked again with hoods on. I asked Percy if we're almost there and she said just a few miles left.

I heard Jake and Terrence whispering but I can hear them very clearly. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but they're talking about me so I can't help it. I frown in what Jake just said.

"She don't consider you as her real friend." he whispered so loudly at Terrence's ear that made me clench my fists and punch him right on the nose that made him wince.

"How dare you judge me! We just met two days ago!" I said through gritted teeth while holding the collar of his shirt. I can feel Percy and Terrence's hands, calming me. "You don't know me well, mister. And just for you to know, you're the one I don't consider as my real friend." I pushed him as hard as I can and he fell on a trash can.

I shook Percy and Terrence's hand off my shoulders and started walking without waiting for any response or scolds from them. I knew there was something about that Jake I didn't like.

I felt someone bumped my back. I turned, "What do you want now?" and I saw that it was Fearless. "Oh. Sorry Fearless, just carried away by my anger."

He gestured to his wings. "Sorry Fearless but I'm not in the mood to fly right now." I said and continued walking. I don't know what to do anymore. They are probably talking about me behind my back now. So much for having friends.

Then something jumped in front of me. The mortals screamed and ran away. I don't know who are the innocent mortals and who are not anymore. I looked at what landed and saw a cyclopes.

He doesn't notice me. He's about fifteen feet tall. One huge eye and he has an ugly face. He's wearing a shirt with a saying 'Be Awesome' but of course he's not definitely awesome, and a pair of jeans which is ripped. My heart skipped a beat when he looked at me.

"Renée Weasley." he chuckles. "Timothy said to bring you to him alive and I can have the rest of your friends." he said proudly. He has a very deep voice.

"Not a chance! I won't give up without a fight!" I shouted and drew my sword but didn't charged.

"What's the matter, dear? Afraid of a man will crush you to pieces?" he boasted and laughed.

He's right. I would lose if I don't have a plan. Wait, where are my friends? I turned and see them with mouth hanging open, all of them including Fearless. So do I need to deal with this guy alone?

"Are they your friends?" the cyclopes said. "How about I crush them first?" he said quickly and charged my friends. I charged at him as fast as I can. I blocked my friends and slashed his arm. "Ow!" he exclaimed and blew his wound.