Chapter 8: Smiles over Secrets

<<Third Person POV>>

River woke excitedly knowing that Matt had promised her pizza and the arcade. It was their little secret, only they knew. She hurried into her parents room. Both of them sleeping until they felt little jumps on the bed. They both woke with tired eyes.
"River darling. Its-" Matt stopped and checked the time, "Its 7:30 in the morning." River nodded and grinned knowing the time.

She got off the bed and walked to her fathers side. She crooked her finger to motion Matt to lean in. "Pizza and arcade." Matt immediately awoke to the reminder. "Oh crap." he muttered under his breath, rubbing both closed, tired eyes. "Whats wrong?" Karen quietly asked Matt. "I tell you later." He turned back to River smiling awkwardly trying to hide his guilt. "Umm, yea, yea. We're going. But darling, go back to bed, its still too early. She nodded and headed out the door.

He turned and faced Karen and moved the loose piece of hair that was in her face and placed it behind her ear. "So, whats this little secret you and River are keeping from me?" Matt signed, "I promised her i would take her to go get pizza and go play in the arcade once i get home. Im home now soo." Karen sat up, "So whats the big problem?" Matt got out of bed and walked towards his closet and put a shirt on.

"The problem is that when i was in Detroit, we finished a little early. So, i came home back in the UK and went to Cardiff for a while to see Moffat. He called early in the month asking for help. When i got to the studio, i looked for him and he told me to sit because he needed to talk. He told me that, we need to redo a couple of scene for the christmas special-" Matt stopped mid sentence remebering that would be his last time being The Doctor. He sighed before starting again, "So we did acouple of reshoots. But i still need to go back and finish the last couple that need fixing."

"Why don't we all go.Even bring Amelia and Jade." Matt liked the idea, "You know, since Amelia's birthday is a couple of days." Both Karen and Matt smiled at eachother, both knowing it was a good idea.

--

<<Matts POV>>

Karen called Amelia to ask her if they would like if to join us in Cardiff. I walked down the hallway to River's room. I stopped in the twins room to check in on the twins. Jackson laid awake staring at the ceiling cooing away in his blue, with stars onsie. Emaa was still sleeping in her pink, with stars onsie. I carried Jackson with me to Rivers room. I knocked on the door then entered, I looked around and didn't find River inside.

"River!?" I called. She didnt answer, "River!" I called again. Still no answer. I went downstairs in the living room watching some cartoons.
"There you are!" I said sitting next to her. River started to rub Jackson's arm. "River... i need to talk to you." Her little head turned and looked at me. Her sweet eyes looked into mine. I pulled her in and kissed the top of her head. Karen had come down the steps with Emaa. She walked down towards us. She sat in front of us and sat Emaa up in her lap. River leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Thats the thing River. We cant go." I said back to her. Her eyes dropped her bottom lip shaking. "River." Karen said placing a hand on her knee trying to comfort her. "How about instead of pizza and arcade... we go travel?" She tilt her head a bit in confusion. Her eyes a little red. "We go on a plane to Cardiff and watch daddy work." She started giggling at the idea. "And Amelia, Jade, Harris, and Danny are coming." She started smiling widely. Running and jumping about.
I looked at Karen, "I take it as a yes!"

A/N: Sorry i haven't been updating. I just don't feel the story anymore. Please comment if you like it or you would like it to continue.

Im thinking of starting a new story but just have no ideas.

Thank you for all the support.
Please vote on the story !
Share book 1, Heres To Us, with all your friends ?