"I can only hope for the best."

“Liam, are you home?” I heard from downstairs. I looked at the clock and it read eleven o’clock. In a matter of seconds, Jessie came opening my bedroom door.

“Hi Jess,” I said not taking my eyes off of the tv. Jessie, in the corner of my eye, she shut off the television. “Where have you been?” I asked not taking my eyes off of my phone now.

“Where have I been?” She begins to say, putting her hands on her hips and getting raising her voice.

“Yeah, it’s like eleven o’clock.” She hung her mouth open as I looked up, “well let’s see. You left there and didn’t tell me.”

“Jess I texted you.” I said trying to calm her down with my soft tone of voice. “You texted me? Like hell you did!” She snapped at me. Why was she acting like this? Was she drunk of something?

I stood up from my bed and raised my voice just as she did, “Yeah, I did. Check your phone and quit yelling at me.”

Walking out of my bedroom and I went downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat. She was acting weird for whatever reason.

“Liam,” she called me coming downstairs.

“What did I do? Did I say something wrong? Okay, I get it. I left the party early, I just wasn’t feeling good. I did leave you a text okay.”

She looked at me and said, “I never got your text!” I shook my head and grabbed her phone and put my phone with hers.

I showed her the text I sent from my phone then the text on hers. “There! Look at it! I sent you the text now get off my ass.”

I threw the phones at her and stormed off into my room, not even bothering to eat something. I’m tired, I’m going to sleep. What is going on? We never had fights like this before. Was it that bad of me leaving? Will she act this way when I leave?

**************

I fell asleep still thinking about all the possible ways Jessie could act when she finds out that I’m going to leave. I still don’t know how I’m going to tell her.

I woke up and looked up at the clock next to my bed. It read, 3:02.

Suddenly I heard my door open so I moved to my other side, my back towards the door. “Listen, Liam. I’m sorry. I don’t know why I was acting that way,” she paused to let out a small laugh, “Maybe I’m just on my period. But I know that I’m really sorry. I’m sorry for acting weird and for fighting with you.”

Jessie looked over my body and sighed, “Guess I’ll be saying this again in the morning.”

I turned over and got out of bed. Taking one big stride, I caught Jessie’s hand, making her turn around. “You don’t have to repeat it.”

She took hold of both my hands, “I’m still sorry.”

Jessie then backed me up to my bed and gently pushed me down. She straddled over me and played with my hair, “Why do we keep fighting?” I shrugged, “I guess we’re just not tired of fighting yet.”

I watched her crawl onto my side and clinging onto my chest almost as if she’d die if she let go.

“Guess not.”

*************************

The next morning I woke up and Jessie was nowhere to be found. Calling her name numerous times did nothing. I’m practically screaming her name and she’s not even here.

I checked my phone, thinking that she left a text. Nothing.

What am I going to do? I leave in two days!

So, forgetting about Jessie, I decided to spend the entire day over at Niall’s because he begged me to help him fix his car. I argued saying, “Why bother? We’re leaving tonight. C’mon mate I need to get Jessie.” But he has his ways and he convinced me to help him out.

“Okay, Liam so what’s your plan?” Niall asked me after we finished fixing the car.

I shrugged my shoulders, “there’s only one thing left to do, which is to tell her as soon as I get home. I’ve waited too long and now that we’re leaving tonight, it’s already too late.”

He sighed, “I guess I’ll see you at the airport?”

I nodded my head, “we still got that private plane?” “Yeah, I guess Harry got us a private jet for us.” I shook my head and laughed, “How does he do it?” He laughed as well, “I have no idea. Good luck with Jessie okay?”

“I can only hope for the best.”