Onyx

I wasn't sure how to react to it. His cute bunny teeth showing and his sleepy eyes made him look so soft at the moment. This couldn't possibly be happening right now... Could it?

' I think it's Onyx.' Pearl spoke.

'Who?'

'Onyx. Jungkook's wolf. I kinda talked to him last night when you fell asleep.' She added in with a dreamy tone in her voice.

"You're not Jungkook are you?" I said sadly.

"Aww, looks like you caught me, Princess. Let me guess Pearl told you it was me." He joked in a husky voice.

I just nodded my head feeling slightly disappointed that it wasn't Jungkook who gave me a smile even though it was Jungkook who gave me a smile if that makes any sense. I mean it was his wolf in his body so I guess technically he gave me a smile. Whatever, it still wasn't the same.

"Please don't give me that look." He mumbled making me realize that I was frowning, but not in an angry way more of a sad and upset way.

"Oh oh, sorry...it's just..." I murmured.

"You wish it was Jungkook." He stated bluntly.

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry I'm sure you're really nice. Pearl said that she talked to you last night when I was asleep." I began trying to switch up the topic.

"She told you about that too. Well yes, we did. She talked a lot about you and how life was back in the castle. I'm sorry that you have to put up with this idiot." He replied.

"You don't have to apologize it isn't your fault. It's not like you could've done anything anyway." I commented.

"Well he's just being stupid, you're an amazing person and I for one am thrilled to have you as a mate." He cheered pulling me in closer to his chest.

I could feel all the tingles go through me and I buried my face deeper into his chest. I could hear his heartbeat as his chest rose and fell, making me feel at ease. His arm rested on the small of my back making me feel safe as I let out a soft hum.

 Just as I began to get comfortable he released me from his embrace and left the bed. With a heavy sigh, I looked up not surprised to see none other than Jungkook sitting up looking back at me.

"Looks like Onyx left," I grumbled, getting up to leave before I would have to sit on the bed any longer with him. Why couldn't he be more like Onyx?

As I got up and touched the cold metal doorknob I turned around. My eyes locked with his. Why didn't he just accept me like I accepted him? What was wrong with me? Why wasn't I enough?

"Why are you so cold to me? Why is it that I care about you...but you don't care about me? What did I ever do to you?!" And just like that, I left the room without another word.

I dragged myself down the hall to Jimin's room looking for comforting only to find it empty. I felt completely defeated, but then I remembered that Jin and I could mind-link thanks to our friendship pact.

'Jin where are you?'

'Downstairs.' He linked back.

I ran down the stairs and went to living room to see Namjoon, Jin, Tae, and Hoseok sitting on the couch laughing with each other. Jin's window wiper laugh echoed throughout the room.

 I walked over to them and Tae was the first one to notice my presence.

"Hey (y/n). How'd you sleep?" He asked cheerfully.

"Like a baby," I answered. Though I wish I woke up feeling just as happy.

"I should start making breakfast now that just about everyone is awake," Jin spoke leaving the room, but not without giving his mate one last kiss.

'They're so sweet.'

'I know...wish Jungkook was swe-'

'Let's not start our day with more thoughts about him.' I uttered not wanting Pearl to continue.