Chapter Fourteen

May took Carly to the soccer fields and they started practice. It went by quick and at the end, the team did a scrimmage. The team captains Coach Melinda picked were May and Asher. 

"Alright, May, pick first!" Coach Melinda shouted. 

"I pick Thea." 

Then it was Asher's turn. "I'll take Carter."

"I pick Jake." 

They continued until they had two small teams. 

On May's team there was May, Thea, Jake, Schroedie, Spencer, Amy, and Joe.

On Asher's team there was Asher, Carter, Reese,  Nico, Aspen, Lilia, and Tanner. 

After they scrimmaged and scored goals on one another, Carly went over to May after practice was over.

"Okay, where is Jake?" she asked. 

"Come with me," May said. "Hey, Jake!" May ran up to Jake before he walked into the parking lot. 

"Yeah?" he turned around. 

"Okay, Jake, Carly, Carly, Jake," she quickly introduced them to each other. "What school do you go to, Jake?" May asked. 

"I go to Sierra Middle School," he said. 

"Oh, okay," May said. 

"Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to join me at the Spring Dance at my school," May said. "I go to Sagewood Middle School." 

"Yeah, sure," Jake replied. "What's the date and time?" he asked. 

"Woah, I didn't think you'd actually say yes," May said, surprised. "But at Sagewood on March 23rd and it's from 3:00 to 8:00." 

"Okay, so today's the 15th so that'd be in 8 days," Jake said. 

"Yeah," May replied. "It's not like super formal or anything like that, but dressing up in something pretty decent would be good." 

Jake's dad honked the horn of his car. "Oh, I've gotta go. I'll see you at the game on Saturday!" Jake said as he ran off. 

"Is it a date or just friends?" Carly asked. 

"I don't know, whatever he thinks it is. But what about Jeffrey? I'm gonna feel super bad because I kissed him today!" May said. 

"Oh," Carly said. "I don't know how I can help you there," Carly said.

After a while, Carly's mom came to pick her up and May went home. The next morning, she got up and went to school early again. When she walked into the school, she tried to avoid being seen by Jeffrey or any of his friends. But Jeffrey saw her. 

"Hey," he said and walked up to May. 

"Hi," May said and faked a smile. "Did you break up with Reagan?" 

"Well, yes, and she's super angry at me." Jeffrey replied. "Are you bringing Jake to the dance with you?" 

"Well, funny story. I kind of asked him yesterday at soccer practice if he wanted to come, and I didn't think he'd actually say yes.But he said yes. And I don't know if he's thinking just coming with me or coming as a date." May said. 

"Oh," Jeffrey said. He sounded disappointed. "Well let me know when you figure it out. I'm always available to go with you as a date," he said and walked away. 

"Will do," May sighed, realizing she liked two boys. 

The day passed by quickly since it was Friday. May walked home as soon as the bell rang. She didn't stop to talk to anyone. She just looked down and kept walking until she was all the way up the hill. Then she walked three more minutes to her house. When May got home, she made herself a sandwich as an early dinner and when she finished it, she went up to her room and stayed in there for the rest of the night. She went to bed around 9:00 because she had soccer pictures at 9:00 am and had her game at noon.