19

Letting go. At first, letting go of something or someone was extremely difficult for Taehyung. He's self-less and stupid, it was what everyone described him as. But he realized that letting go could be the easiest thing ever, especially when life flashes right in front of you.

It's easy to let go when you know you won't regret it in the end. Change. It was something Taehyung treasured. He craved attention, he craved love, he craved change.

He had a desire to change his life, and it all started with his lifeless body laying flat against the cold, concrete ground and two headlights blindingly flashing through him.

"Can you tell me what happened, Taehyung?"

Taehyung looks up from the window sill and glances at Namjoon, who's taking a sip of his coffee. Namjoon was the guy who took him into the hospital, the guy who had brought him back to life that very night he got struck by a car.

"I was out on a walk." He mumbles.

"At one in the morning?" Taehyung snorts.

"That's what they all say as an excuse," he shrugs his shoulders, "when the world seems to hate you, when even the skies seem to look down on you, they all go out on a walk, they all go out to get some fresh air when really—they just want to admit defeat."

"You're not making any sense right now," Namjoon says softly. "Do you have family?"

"If a family is a group of loved ones who don't care about where you are right now, whether you are alive or not, are they really your family?" Taehyung asks. 

"Tell me something, Taehyung," Namjoon began hesitantly, "what happened the night you got hit by a car?"

"I'll just cut to the chase," he mutters, "I was out on a walk. I wanted to get some fresh air. I wanted to leave this planet. No one cares about me. I wanted to die, why didn't you let me?"

"Because I care, Taehyung." 

"You don't," he scoffs, "no one cares about me. They all want me to die, they hate me, they think I'm useless—"

"You're not useless. You're far from that. You can't just throw your life away just because of what everyone else things." Namjoon argues.

His coffee runs cold. The two of them are sitting right across from each other in the room, both hesitant to break the silence. Namjoon glances at him through his specks and lets out a soft sigh. Taehyung hugs his knees up to his chest and looks back out the window.

"When the world seems to hate you, when the skies seem to look down on you," Taehyung mumbles softly, "the only thing you can do is start to agree with them too."

"You're better than that, Taehyung." Namjoon reassures him. "I know you are."

"You barely know me."

"You're right. But I know with time, and my help, you'll get better." Namjoon smiles before picking up his cup of untouched coffee. 

When Namjoon gets up from his seat and starts heading towards the door, he looks over his shoulder to see Taehyung's gaze still fixated out the window. 

"Taehyung-ah, please think and consider my offer for you, alright?"

Those were the only words the echoed in Taehyung's mind the whole night. An offer. It was an offer of change, of transformation. Taehyung's eyes wandered throughout the hospital room. He didn't want to stay here forever. Hell, he didn't want to be discharged back into the world that hated him and wanted to engulf him whole.

He had no other choice.

And so the morning after, when Namjoon walks into the room in hopes of changing his mind, Taehyung doesn't hesitate to take up on his offer.

And soon enough, Taehyung is sitting in a black SUV with Namjoon driving behind the wheel. They pull up to a huge mansion that is probably Namjoon's. Taehyung feels his mouth open slightly in awe.

"Welcome home."

Taehyung gets out of the car and looks straight at Namjoon, feeling his eyes water at those two simple words. Namjoon seems to notice how glassy Taehyung's eyes looked and he pulled him into an embrace. Taehyung lets out soft sobs into Namjoon's shoulder.

"It's been a long time since I've been welcomed home."