25

It's weeks after the pepper incident, and Jiyeon finds herself situated behind the camera once again. She looks over her shoulder, completely saddened by her boyfriend's absence. Boyfriend? She thinks, before turning back around to look at the viewfinder with pouted lips. 

"What's the truth, Jiyeon?" She looks at him. His grip tightens around the steering wheel. After being discharged from the hospital after a couple of hours, Jungkook decided to cancel a meeting with the production team to drive her home.

"Jungkook, you know I could never lie to you. What happened hours ago was a complete misunderstanding." She explains. "Do you not believe me?"

"Of course I believe you, babe." He sighs. "But I don't know if I could trust that guy around you. The jerk calls me a kid, do you know how deflating that makes me feel?"

"I know. But I didn't want to disturb you, I know you're busy, you even had to cancel your production meeting to drive me home. Somehow, V decided to force himself in my house and take care of me." 

He lets out another sigh. She looks at him again. The car halts to a stop. They had already arrived at her place. He places his head against the steering wheel and she feels her heart start to shatter.

"I just don't trust him." He mumbles. "And what I saw back there, I didn't like it. Why didn't you push him away?"

"You literally came the moment that happened, Jungkook." She frowns. "You just really don't trust me."

"I trust you!" He exclaims, worried that if he does one wrong thing, he'll lose her forever. "I just don't trust him, that's the problem."

"I'm sorry," she whispers. He purses his lips into a line and turns away from her. 

"I think we need a break." 

Jiyeon's too occupied by her thoughts that she barely notices how V enters the set, immediately noticing her slumped shoulders. He starts walking towards her and snaps his fingers in front of her face. Snapping out of her trance, she looks up at V and frowns.

"What are you doing here?" She rolls her eyes.

"Uh, have you forgotten that I work here?" He chuckles but his laughter dies down when he notices her turn away from him, making herself busy with the equipment. "Are you ignoring me? What's up?"

"Is it that noticeable?" 

"What did I do? I'm completely innocent." He says softly. She folds her arms and looks over her shoulder. "Besides, where's your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" She squints her eyes at him. "Now that my boyfriend is out of sight, are you happy that he's gone?"

"What? No, what are you even saying?" She waves it off.

"Just drop it, V. I don't want to talk about it." Jiyeon adjusts the camera. He's still standing there and she glances at him, raising an eyebrow. "What are you looking at? Get to work, V. I'm not going to be here all day waiting for you to do your job."

He frowns. He has never seen Jiyeon so angry. Jiyeon was always happy, and it took a lot for someone like her to be mad. People would truly know they fucked up if Jiyeon was mad at you, because she was innocent and easily forgiving.

"Look, if I did anything wrong to you and your boyfriend, then I'm sorry. If whatever happened to the both of you was because of what happened to us weeks ago, then I'm fucking sorry, alright?" 

It's almost as if her frown was permanent on her face. Her forehead creases and her eyebrows at practically knitting against each other. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

"I don't know why you're so fucking mad at me for something I don't even know I did!"

"So you don't know, huh? Then please explain about the whole 'spending Christmas at my place' situation, or how you forced yourself into my place to take care of me even though I practically denied your offer." She bursts out, and he lets out a frustrated sigh.

All the makeup artists and production crew had emptied out the set, knowing that it was a good idea to give the two some space and privacy. However, the makeup artists were busy gossiping away about how V ended up at Jiyeon's place for Christmas or the time he took care of her.

"So, the cat caught your tongue?" She scoffs. Smirking at him, she folds her arms. "Why are you suddenly so silent? Tell me why, you jerk—"

"Shut up, I don't want to talk about this—"

She scoffs again. "Oh no, we are going to talk about this—"

"Shut up—" He's walking away from her and she starts following him.

"We are talking about this because you're the reason why Jungkook had called for a break—"

He abruptly stops in his tracks and turns around. 

"It's because I like you, okay?! I like you. Are you happy? You probably wanted me to admit it, didn't you? That I like you? Well congratu—fucking—lations, I like you so fucking much that suddenly I'm ruining your life and now you hate my guts. Happy?"