Hawkins Lab

One night I wake up by someone screaming " Papaa....Papa...Papa!!" I'm in complete darkness hugging my legs up close to me. The darkness scares me, this is where papa puts me in. A square room with just a big door. I get thrown in here when I'm being punish by not succeeding an experiment. Papa dislikes me because I wasn't meant to be alive. He said I was a mistake. My emotions would be low, I would barely smile. My face expression would show how sad I was. The door suddenly opens. The light almost made me sightless. I put my hands in front of me to block the light. " Papa?" I said getting my vision focus. As I get my vision back , I'm being pulled up by two men dressed in a white robe. I'm looking at the ground while walking to a room. I'm told to sit on the chair  while papa comes to talk to me. I wait patiently by swinging my legs back and forth. The door opens revealing papa with a cage of some sort of creature. I stare at the creature with curiosity. It's so furry and orange. Papa places the cage on the table in front of me. He kneels down and looks at me with a grin on his face. " This is cat. C-A-T." he says pointing at the cat. "C-A-T?" I say in the low voice."Cat". He nods and continues. " Cats love hugs." He says reaching for a hug. I let him hug me. He smiles. " You can hug him without touching him. You can squeeze him.... try it." " Don't be scared". He says putting the hat on my head which is connected to wires to test my ability. As papa gets out of the room into the other room with the scientist. The cat makes a sound. "Meow". I flinch at the sound. I hear a tap and I look at the glass. Papa points at the cat and nods as approval of hugging. I turn around and look at it. I slightly tilt my head down and put pressure towards the cat. I see it moving uncontrollably, scratching the air. It frightens me but I don't want to fail papa. He said give it a hug and so I do. The cat stops moving and I stop. I feel something tricky down my nose. I wipe it with my hand and I see that it's....blood. I look up at papa. He has a smile on his face and so does the rest. I feel tired and I look at the cat. I feel guilty of something but I don't know why or, of what.  I'm carried by papa which I'm proud. "Twelve you did an amazing thing". He smiles as we go into my room. I smile back and it feels good.

How did you like the story? Comment something and give it a star!! Thank you
For reading it! It's my first story so don't judge 😂.