Chapter 1: Paradise Lost

Okay, so this is a chapter I'd written right after having released the 5th chapter of the first Volume of the Scissorman. I, truth be told, was somewhat uneasy about releasing this because I still think it could be better... But it has about 15 unpublished chapters to it, so I thought- what the hell. I'll publish a chapter of this occasionally while writing new chapters for 'The Wraith' the 'Black Survival' to keep you entertained. Lemme know what you think, hope you enjoy! 

Authors's POV

(Y/n): Oh, how lovely this city is under the shade of blackness... So calm and serene... A dark mass, where crime and justice mingle and tango as swiftly and as skillfully as Life and Death. Coming here was the right choice. But... Theres just one thing I can't quite stand about Vale; ...All the damn Vampires. 

Under the light of the pale moon, leaning at the edge of an alleyway he stood, (H/l) (H/c) hair rested as still as the entirety of his body. Nothing moved. Not the (E/c) eyed hunter. Not the trees within the park he faced. Not tonight. He was a professional after all.

The wind had begun to pick up, gently swaying the bottom of (Y/n)'s long black jacket. His eyes moved a fraction at the sounds of footsteps approaching from behind, but moved right back towards the vast open section of the Vale Central City Park upon recognizing the characteristic metallic 'click' that accompanied each step, identifying the intruder to his train of thoughts as Maria. She always wore a metal strap across the bottom of each of her boots, for reasons she had never cared to share.

Maria: "Godammit (Y/n), we've been looking all over for you!"

(Y/n): "If thats true, all three of you are fools. I told you I'd be luring this thing to the park. That should've narrowed it down significantly."

He replied matter-of-factly, closing his eyes for a moment and clearly restraining himself from openly smirking.

Maria: "Wha- I- Its a figure of speech!"

(Y/n): "Where are the other two stuges? I don't want them waltzing into my trap again."

Maria: "...They're coming now, just behind us."

He nodded in response, fixing his jacket, and shifting in his matte black suit of latex underneath. It wasn't the most comfortable of wardrobe choices, but it was thin enough to allow easier maneuverability, and allowed him to fit several kevlar armour pieces over the elbows, knees and chest area. He threw his jacket hood over his head, and pulled his cowl up over his nose, as the other two members of his team walked up behind him. All his clothes were black, dressed to the night for better camouflage. It was a requirement of all of them.

Drest: "What the hell man, you can't just run off like that with nothing but a note for explanation!"

(Y/n): "Clearly I can."

Ernest: "Well, yeah, but... We're supposed to act as a team here! Ozpin stressed the importance of that when he introduced us to vampire hunting!"

(Y/n): "Introduced YOU to vampire hunting, maybe. I've been in this business my whole life, Ernest, don't forget. If I leave without a word, I have a good reason."

He retorted, his voice getting harsher with each syllable, yet still somehow sounding calm and even. Ernest met his eyes, but quickly dropped his gaze.

Maria: "(Y/n)... Whats that over there?"

Maria asked suddenly, grabbing everyones attention as she pointed towards the clearing in the park they faced, towards a pale, stiff shape in the centre of the clearing.

(Y/n): "That would be my aforementioned 'good reason'."

Drest: "Is that a dead body...?!"

(Y/n): "...would you believe me if I said it was an anime pillow?"