Chapter 8: A Proposal

Here we go.

Time to dominate some Vampires. And not the kinky kind of domination, no no no... Although I ought to bring that up with Velvet. No, this is MY kind of domination. The kind that involves blood, pain, humiliation- 

No, wait... That's basically kinky domination, isn't it? I'll re-phrase.

Time to fuck up some Vampires-

Nope, made it SO much worse.

I was in our dorm, pacing and waiting for nightfall. The new students were accounted for  as students originally from Haven Academy. Meaning their dorms were across on the other end of the Academy... Further meaning that I'd have to go... Outside. Such a dreaded word, that's become. I used to enjoy going outside, lying on cold grass in the warm sun, enjoying the feel of it against my skin on a Winter morning.

Drest and Maria were playing video games, whilst Ernest was sitting on the sofa in front of me, pulling out all my silver tools and weaponry, and wrapping them in black leather around the handles, in order to allow me to... Well, to actually hold and use them. He was about done with all my stakes, and placed them in the loops of my belt, which I'd later equip.

We had all agreed that I'll fight team HISS alone. They initially argued, of course, but a small reminder of the fact that I once defeated an entire Coven of both Novices and Fledgelings in a single week had put their fears to rest.

What I didn't tell them was that I used sunlight to defeat that Coven... Can't exactly do that now, can I...? Eh. I'll manage. Of course I'll manage! I'm ME after all. And I, am simply...

(Y/n): "Stunning~!"

I struck a pose, smirking and closing my eyes... My moment of glory and self-love was ruined by the feel of three awkward stares, however.

Drest: "...you know, you can at least PRETEND you're not binge-flirting with yourself in your own head half the time. It's really crossing over into... disturbing territories."

(Y/n): "I refuse."

I replied simply, finally sitting down as Maria won the game and placed down her controller.

Drest: "Wha- Hey! No fair, I was distracted!"

Maria: "Get good. Then, you can make excuses."

She smirked, checking her fingernails for damage. I very nearly chortled, but held it down, choosing a smug grin instead. Drest frowned, crossing his arms and huffing.

(Y/n): "So Maria... How's Gothika? Is she doing alright?"

Maria expressed momentary confusion, but not at the prospect of my asking.

Maria: "You know, she's actually doing weirdly well. She's already recovered."

Three heads shot towards her, and SEVERAL eyebrows were raised. I mean, I wasn't expecting her to remain in a coma for a year or anything like that, but to be discharged so quickly? Either she had an unnaturally powerful aura, or...

(Y/n): "Then... Where is she now...?"

The girl shrugged, tucking her legs under herself and crossing her arms.

Maria: "I don't know... She slipped away somehow."

Drest: "But... She couldn't be a Vampire, right...? Maybe she just has... A damn good aura?"

Maria: "I don't know, she went down pretty quickly during her fight against (Y/n)..."

Erneat: "Remember, (Y/n) hits like a truck. Aura doesn't help much when you're up against someone with his strength..."