Chapter 7

~Danny p.o.v~

"Hey Danny, I have a present for you," Jorel says, he sounded stuffed up since he had a cold. The rest of the gang had the stomach flu, but I seem to be fine for now. Knock on wood I don't get what they've got. "Uhh, thanks I guess," I tell him, as he hands me a card with a box taped underneath it. I opened the box first since Jorel seemed desperate for me to open the card last. Inside the box was a necklace with a heart shaped pendent that "Mom forever in my heart" engraved on it. "We put some of your mom's ashes in there before we scattered her, so you could have something to keep close to you at all times," Jorel tells me and I struggle to hold back the tears. Dylan was sitting next to me and he carefully took the necklace out of the box and helped me put it on.

Then I carefully opened the envelope and pulled the card out. It had congratulations and a little mouse on the front of it, like they were a family. I was confused so I looked at Jorel. "Open it Danny, it will explain everything," Jorel says, I have nothing else I can do but open the card. Inside the card was a little certificate and someone had written a detailed note on the card itself. I am going to take my time reading these, so I can understand what is going on. It's clear to me that Jorel knows full well what is going on. Despite how ill he has been these last few days he seems to be really excited for me now to figure out myself what's going on since it is now obvious to me that he isn't going to tell me anytime.

Daniel,

It is clear to me and the rest of the Hollywood Undead gang that you have grown. You're not the shy, fragile, broken person you used to be. You are now a strong, independent and brave man and we couldn't be prouder. I was planning this since Jorel told me of your arrival into the gang but decided to speed things along after your mother tragically passed away at the hands of our enemy. You've been a slave your whole life and never had a family, now I am going to give you one. Through some loopholes I have managed to find, I can officially and legally adopt you into the Decker family, making you my son and Jorel, Larissa and the rest of my children your brothers and sisters. I have noticed how close you and Jorel are and how much like brothers you have become so I decided to make it official.

Much love

Miles Decker.

I burst into tears then, tears of happiness. For the last twenty-four years of my life I have never had a family to call my own. My mom was always taken away from me after I turned five and I hated it. I never understood at that age why I had to be taken away from her and made to work for some person I didn't know and didn't like me much. It obviously made more sense to me as I grew up but the longing for a family has always been there, lurking in the shadows waiting to attack me with that emotional pain that comes with it. The gang have been like family to me since they found out what Aron has done to me, but I still didn't feel complete. I needed those mother and father idols everyone else had when I was growing up.

Dylan hugged me and Jorel crouched down in front of me and took my hands. "How's that brother?" he asks me, and I just smiled at him before hugging him tightly. "It's the best thing that could ever happen," I tell him. The other thing inside the card was a certificate which read: This hereby certifies that Daniel Rose Murillo is now the legal son of Miles Decker. Speaking of Miles, he was standing there at the doorway looking at us with a smile on his face. He walks over to us and holds us close to him. I wrap one arm around my new dad and my other arm stayed around my brother. "Good morning my boys," he tells me, and another round of tears almost starts. No one knows how long I have been waiting for someone to tell me that, for MY father to tell me that.