Sea Glass

If I knew what safety looked like, I would have spent less time falling into arms that were not.

"Let's go to the beach, each, let's go away. They say, what they gonna say. Have a drink, clink, found the bud light," I sang and danced around Wyatt. He was chuckling and his eyes trailed after me. "I'm serious!" I exclaimed as I softly hit his arm. "I want to go to the beach," I sighed before pulling him toward me. "Tomorrow is Saturday, we're going to the beach," I say and push him onto our bed. A sit on his lap with my legs wrapped around his waist. "Okay?" I say as a question but we both know it's a demand.

"Okay, okay," he chuckled as he ran his large hand through my silky hair. "We'll go to the beach tomorrow," he repeated me quietly. I leaned in and kissed him softly before pulling away. He made a pouting face so I kissed him again. And again. And again. He was smiling widely now and I began to stick my tongue out at him.

"Look at me. I'm stronger than you," I say as I flick his bicep. "You couldn't stand up even if you tried," I teased him. With a roll of his eyes and a flick of his wrist I was pinned down onto the bed with his body on mine, one hand holding my wrists above my head and the other sitting on my waist. My breath hitched as his hazel eyes looked down at me.

"Still stronger than me?" he asked with a mocking coo. I struggled against him and playfully yelled,

"Let me go."

"Why? If you're so strong then get yourself out of it," he smirked before planting a kiss on my forehead. I blushed deeply and licked my lips. "Do you even want me to let you go?" He winked and I could see a spark of lust in his eyes. I had had sex before, but I had never made love. And I wasn't ready for that. His lips trailed from my forehead to my ears, then down my jawline until he ended at my neck. He began to leave small hickeys on my neck and collar bone. This I was okay with, I actually wanted this. But if it went any further I would stop it. Wyatt must have sensed my boundaries because he didn't try anything further. After showering me with kisses and claiming his territory he finally released my wrists and rolled off me. I then rolled on top of him and showered him with kisses. He was chuckling and I was giggling happily. Soon, we both fell asleep with our bodies tangled together.

☾∞☽

I was walking to the bathroom to put my pajamas on when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The last time I looked in this mirror, I was wounded and bruised. This time, my eyes were full of happiness, they weren't dull and filled with fear. My pale skin was soft, elaborately decorated with small, fading hickeys that Wyatt had left on me. My long fingers traced these love bites and I couldn't hold in my smile. My heart was racing because I genuinely looked and felt good. I hadn't been like this since seventh grade. I quickly changed into my pajamas and went back to bed.

☾∞☽

"Aleeexxx," Wyatt's voice sang as he threw a towel at my head. I groaned loudly and opened my eyes. He was holding a packed duffle bag in his right hand and was wearing shades over his eyes. He kneeled beside me and kissed me quickly

"Yuck," I said in my sleepy voice, "you taste like sun screen," I stated and got out of bed.

"Oh shut up, you know you liked it," he winked before standing again. "I've packed everything but your bathing suit. I couldn't find one. If you don't have one, I'll buy you one on the way," he offered and I nodded.