Chapter 37 - Suspicion

Previously on UD...

"Hi Amma- Erm, do you I call you Ammara or do you prefer Akira?" He asked me nervously.

"Akira. I no longer go by that name." I told him. He nodded before gesturing to the table.

"Have a seat, I cooked quite a bit accidentally, so please eat your fill."

"Uh, okay." I sat down in one of the seats. I saw Ritsu and Hatori glance at each other briefly, looking slightly worried. I went to ask, but was interrupted by Ritsu

"Are you allergic to anything here?" I looked at the dishes and shook my head, "No."

"Okay, good!" He gave thumbs then took his seat. Hatori followed and placed a napkin on his lap.

Akira's POV

The dinner was silent, awkward silence that was almost deafening. I could feel Ritsu's nervous self from across the table, he didn't know what to say or do, while Hatori was more silent because he never did like to speak with his mouthful. While I, didn't feel like speaking to either of them, I was more occupied with my own thoughts.

People knew who I was, and that scared the hell out of me. I had grown accustomed to being alone, but now that I was with people from the past, I just wanted to run away. Of course I wanted to speak to people, it was something everyone needs, social skills. And the feeling of people having your back. But, I was practically with strangers now.

Some things haven't changed about their personalities, but the things that did took some getting used to.

I chewed on the small piece of meat slowly, feeling my stomach become gradually full. 'Who would be the first to speak?' I wondered.

"Akira, how are those contacts working for you?" Hatori spoke up after a few minutes. I shrugged, "They are fine. As long as I can see." I replied. Ritsu nervously shuffled his feet from underneath the table, looking antsy.

"Ritsu, you okay?" I asked him and he whicker averted his gaze away from me before darting them back.

"O-Oh! I'm fine, just... This food is very yummy!" He told me with a forced smile. I scrunched my nose, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Ritsu is just fine. He is just his usual self." Hatori stated before I could pry more. I sent him a quick look, sighing deeply.

"You two are hiding something, and doing a poor job at it-" the door chime want off, it reverberating throughout the building. I stood up from my chair, resting my hands on the table.

"Who did you call, Hatori?!" I asked him with a clenched jaw. Hatori calmly got up from his seat, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Sit back down, I will see who it is." I growled and he sent me a warning glance. I huffed, plopping back down on my seat. I crossed my arms and crossed my legs, watching him leave the room and head to the front door.

Ritsu cleared his throat, getting up from his seat as well.

"Looks like we are getting more guests tonight, I-I will go grab more plates." Ritsu left the room in pursue of the kitchen. My suspicions grew more at his words, wanting no more than to just leave. But, knowing Hatori, he would track me down within minutes. And it won't be wise for me to go out during the end of a blizzard.

I heard voices from the front door, but couldn't distinguish what they were saying, I sadly didn't have super-hearing.

I sipped on my tea, waiting as I bounced my knee up and down impatiently. It has been a while, what could be taking so long?

I heard footsteps enter the room and I involuntarily stopped bouncing my knee. I heard someone behind me sniffle. I furrowed my brows, looking at the corner of my eye and over my shoulder to see people that I haven't seen in years.

My parents. The ones who did nothing to stop Akito Sohma from sending me away, from dropping me off in the middle fo the woods, to be erased from members of the family's memories. The ones who did nothing to stop him, who did nothing to reach out to me.

To Be continued

I finally got my inspiration back to update this story again! I'm sorry, I know this happens often and sometimes when I do comeback to updating this, it isn't a very good update. I apologize but hopefully the next chapter will be better! Thank you all for reading! -Golden