Let's Help Him

The next day came by really slow. Max got out of his bed tired as fuck. He just kept thinking about David and what the hell he was going to do. He looked around and saw Neil and Nikki were up, because they weren't in there so they were probably in the mess hall. He got his hoodie and putted it on. He walked to the mess hall and opened the door.

        Everyone was eating breakfast as Max got some for himself. He looked around to find Neil and Nikki at a table with Ered and Harrison. He walked over to the table and sat down next to Nikki. "Guys, I need your help. It's about David." "Why are you caring so much about David? He seems fine to me.", Nikki said eating her food as she said in a cheerful mood.

      "I DON'T care about him but don't any of you see how depressed he is? It's fucking annoying. He hasn't done anything he likes to do and I'm getting tired of it!" They all thought for a moment. "Why don't we make something out of magic?", Harrison said as he took off his hat and pulled out a rabbit. "Nah man, we should totally do something cool. Like, let him talk about how upset he is.", Ered added.

          "Or maybe we can give him pinecones! That always make me happy when I'm down.", Nikki said. "That actually might work. But what is one big thing that makes him super happy?", Neil asked. Max knew exactly what made him happy. Something more than the woods and nature. For them to be happy. Hell, this is why he's here. To make kids happy. He tries and tries and they always just flip him off.

          "He just wants us to be happy...actually, I have a perfect idea.", Max smirked. Everyone looked confusedly at Max, not knowing what he meant. Max whispered the plan and all of the kids smiled as they all agreed on it. Max got up, saying they should get started and realized that Gwen wasn't there to yell that them. He tried to think of where she could be and thought that maybe she might be with David.

      They all ran over to his cabin and overheard Gwen and David talking about something. Max looked through the window, trying to not be seen. David looked tired as hell. He was wearing his normal clothes but his shirt had long sleeves, covering his cuts from the night before.

        "David, did you already drink all the alcohol that I gave you?" "I'm sorry Gwen, I really just needed to numb everything out. But it seemed to work actually. Expect I feel like I have a bad migraine. I don't really remember anything but...somethings I do.", he said stressed out.  "Well you can't keep drinking every night, it'll be a waste of money. You'll have to just wait until someone fixes the car." David sighed. "Ok Gwen, I'll try to get better as fast I can.", he said as he looked at the ground. "Good and try to feel a little bit better because I can't run this place by myself.", she said with a little smile. He smiled lightly and replied with he'll try.

          Gwen walked out of his cabin and walked to the mess hall. "Wait, how are we going to get Gwen away when were working on the plan?", Ered asked. Nikki quickly got an idea. Nikki ran towards her and tapped on her side. "What Nikki?", she said as she looked down at her. "The campers and I think you've been working very hard and we think you should take the day off. So how about we call is a free Saturday and you can do whatever want.", she smiled. "Sure, I don't care. Do what you want, just don't get anyone killed.", Gwen said as she started walking to her cabin. "Ok, thanks!", Nikki yelled as she ran back to the group.

       "Got that done, now we have the whole today to figure it out.", she said happily. Max lightly smiled. "Come on, guys. Let's get everyone else involved and get this started."

Hope you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter!

~Bree