color

color.

its been a conspiracy for years. there hasn't been any scientific proof saying that colors beside grey, black, brown, and white have existed.

yet millions of people have claimed to see colors such as yellow or red or blue. my sister is one of those people. sometimes i go on walks with her and she points at a flower and says something like, "its so vibrant!" or "look at all of the different hues!" she knows i don't understand what she means. she says that i can see all the colors like her if i find my soulmate. she found hers three years ago and has been trying to do the same for me ever since.

nothing has working though. blind dates, apps, parties. she almost seemed disappointed in me when it didn't work. she wouldn't talk to me for days and then coming running back with another idea. of course it didn't worked. it seems like its going to be a continuous cycle until the "right one"  is found. and she feels like the right has finally been found.

his name was david and he had brown, fluffy hair and big brown eyes. she heard through a friend that he was also funny and kind which seemed good to me. she kept describing him until there was finally a knock on the door. it was him. even in black and white he was still unbelievably handsome.

"he normally wears all black, but he must've worn a red shirt just for you," rachel's hot breath was on the back of my neck, whispering into my ear. "red, remember that. go get him, tiger," and she pushed out the door.

i just barely caught myself before his hands grabbed onto my waist, pulling me up. he quickly lets go and both of our cheeks burn before we rush to his car.

we pulled up to the movie theater and he grabs the tickets out of his wallet.

every day
11/28

"sorry, its nothing too special. my friends told me the movie was good so," he twisted his fingers so they crossed and gave me a small smile. i smiled back and mocked his action.

"its perfect. movies are always good for a fir-"

"liza?"

red. his shirt was red. for half of a second. i could've just imagined it.

"um, yea lets go."

"are you sure you're okay?"

"yea. just blanked out for a second there."

-

we got snacks and quickly found our seats.

"i agree with your friends. i've seen the ads and the movie seems really good."

"i hope so. i wouldn't want to ruin your friday night."

"i don't think guys like you are capable of doing so," i was facing forward but could still see out if the corner of my eye to see him smiling at me.

"you're not like other girls, are you?"

"and you're not like other guys?" we were both looking at each other, eyes switching from our lips then back up to our pupils.

"yea, sure..." and then we kissed. we had slowly been leaning in until our lips finally touched one another's. he brought his hand up to gently caress my cheek, making them heat up. we both smiled into it, admiring the moment.

it wasnt until we parted when i was truly amazed.

"liza, why are you looking at me like that?"

"red."