first, hi

"gabbie he isn't picking up! what am i supposed to do?! it's been seven hours, gabs! he said he would be done filming in two!"

"liza, breathe. i would come over, but i'm stuck in a meeting. im sure he's fine."

fine. fine! this situation was a mess. david had been gone for over seven hours and wasn't picking up the phone. i couldn't report it because it had been only seven hours.

he was supposed to be home five hours ago. but he never came home.

the past five hours have consistent of over thirty phone calls, thousands of texts, and hundreds of snapchats.

the news wasn't helping much either. there had been a crash on hollywood boulevard and they weren't giving out any information on the news. when i called the police they said that they also weren't giving out any information.

"yea, okay. how long do you think that meeting it going to last?"

"hour? hour and a half? liza, i don't know any of the people here except my manager. i'll keep you updated on how its going. sound good?"

"sure. good luck, gabs."

"hey, liza."

"yea?"

"remember to breathe," and then she hung up. i assumed that her meeting was starting or that she didn't want to hear me being all panicky anymore. i don't blame her. i get annoying when i start to panic.

i went to call kristen but remembered she was in hawaii with scott. calling would just worry them both when they were on vacation and i knew better than to ruin that.

i tried relaxing by watching a random movie but i would end of looking out the window thinking about him. i tried filming a video but would pick up my phone to check for updates about the crash. still nothing. i tried everything. i finally decided that i was driving myself crazy and grabbed my keys.

i found myself driving to his house. i took a turn away from it and toward to boy's house. the drive there felt like hours, the anticipation building up inside me. finally i pulled up into the tanish house. i got out the car and ran to door. i didn't bother knocking.

"jesus fuck, liza, wha-"

"wheres david?" i said with a very urgent tone that made todd sit up straighter.

"um, i don't know. he left four hours ago."

four. not five. four. so he had only been missing for four hours instead of five.

"do you know where he was going when he left?"

"the apartment, maybe? liza, what's going on?"

"when he left your house fiv- four hours ago, he never came home and isn't answering his phone. the news said something about a crash on boulevard but didn't give any other details. todd, please. did he say anything about where he was going?"

he seemed to be thinking hard. something that happened four hours ago and he couldn't think of shit.

"liza, i'm sor-"

"maybe if you stopped drinking you could remember things better," and i turned around and walked out. i didn't even wait to see what his face looked after i snapped at him.

"liza!" i looked to see charley playing in the front yard with wyatt.

"hey," and continued walking. "wait, is your dad around."

"no, he left awhile ago."

"do you know where he was going?"

"um, wyatt?" the little girl looked at her brother.

"uh, i think he was going to shoot with brandon and then maybe meet up with david for lunch. theres a calendar in the kitchen that would say it."

i almost went back for the door but remembered how i had left todd minutes ago.

"thanks, but i'm good. bye guys."

and i drove off. i checked my phone to see if he had responded. again, nothing. i didn't know where to go. i didn't have the slightest idea where he was. i didn't know anything besides that he had been away from me for a total of eight hours now.

i decided to head back to my apartment and try to get some sleep. i didn't get any of course but i tried. i kept refreshing the news page like it was a life source. still nothing.

and then there was a knock at the door. i was turning the knob in three seconds flat just to find gabbie waiting for me.

"holy shit, liza. you look horrible."

"thanks, gabs. really helps to whole situation," i turn on my heels and head for the couch. i plopped on it with a heavy sigh.

"liza, you have to do something besides think about it. you have to go out an-"

"i already went to the boy's house. nothing."

"oh, maybe we could watch a movie or something? to get your mind off it. i don't like seeing you like this."

"and i don't like seeing him not here. life's not fair, gabs."

she looked a little hurt but still sat beside me and wrapped her arms around my body. i leaned into her, smelling the perfume she always wore for interviews or meetings, and cried. he had been gone for ten hours now. ten hours i haven't seen his brown, fluffy hair. ten hours i have seen his beautiful eyes that hold so many stories and memories. ten hours i haven't felt his hand in mine. ten hours i haven't heard that beautiful laugh of his.

ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hours
ten hou

"liza! liza! dude, come on! its him! your phone! liza!"

i blink my glossy eyes twice while gabbie is shoving the phone into my cold hands.

i look down at the screen and immediately pull it to my ear.

"where have have you been david! i was scared! are you okay? jesus, please be okay."

"first, hi."

an// i can't write a happy oneshot for the life of me omfg