Ch.4: Finding The Cure

I stared at him, right in the eye. " Jenna......" I turned away, quickly wiping a tear on my cheek. Chase's orange eyes dimmed. I flipped my bright red hair out of my face. He stared intensly into my bright blue eyes. " Who's Jenna? Was that the girl I saw transform?" I covered my face in the plams of my hands, and sobbed. " She was my best friend! My only friend...." I sobbed some more. I was crying so much I forgot about my bleeding foot and arm. Chase's orange eyes became full of alert.

"We need to fix your arm and foot. Looks like you got slashed at your arm by a Mutant. But what happened to your foot?" I stared at my foot and arm. "Crap! I accendentally shot my foot with a SPAZ12." The more I thought about it, the more pained it gained. I moaned a painful moan, but it sounded worse than I thought. " I'll heal that." Chase said. He had a vest like me. He cleaned my arm and foot. He then wrapped my foot with plastic wrrap. I screamed. " Hell!" His eyes narrowed. " Why do you cuss?" I chuckled. " Well, it hurts like Hell." I chuckled again. His eyes narrowed even more. " Don't say that."  "Hell, Hell, Hell, Hell."  We both laughed. " Well, I guess its ok, since we are the only ones we know that survived the desiease." Chase chuckled. My arm started to sting. I started to think. 'What are we going to do now?'

Then I blurted my thought. "What are wwe going to do now?" Chase's orange eyes dimmed again. Neither of us had an idea. Chase's Black hair swayed in the wind, and so did my firey red hair. Then,  Chase raaised his finger. " Well, the only thought I had is, we need to find a cure. I heard on the news that in Detroit, Michigan, an evil scientist's expirament went wrong. They said nothing was released or excaped. But, unfortenately, they're wrong. Maybe if we go there we could find a cure or something. So We need to go to Detroit." I was shocked. " DETROIT??? WE"RE IN LOUISIANNA!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

" Well, its the only chance we got." He said. I moaned in pain again. " How are we going to get there?" He smirked. " I already had it thought out while your were screaming and yelling at me. The plan is we'll drive to the airport and then we'll fly to Michigan." Before I couldd say anything about flying to Michigan,  He already spoke. " Don't worry, Don't worry, I'm 20. I*'m a piloit in training." I chuckled.

" Well Where's Your Hot Rod, 'Pilot In Training'? I smirked. He bent his head back, and laughed. I rose an eyebrow. " what?" I questioned. He finished laughing, and answered me. " You wish you had my car. My family WAS really rich, so I had a Porsche. It's still in the garage."  My jaw dropped. I looked down at the house, just noticing how big and expensive it was. I giggled.

" Well, Mr. Pilot, Lets get into that Porsche and drive to the Airport! "