Chapter 4 // Just Messing With You

I groaned from the sun-light tapping on my face, wondering how long I'd been sleeping. I dragged my arm across the bed and picked up my phone. I had then checked the time.

 Holy shit. It's 7:34 a.m. I am going to be late for school. I better get going then. I got up from the bed, chose a black sweater with roses on the sleeves, and some jeans to wear today, and headed to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and all I saw was a puffy-eyed, exhausted girl. I applied some makeup and then got my jacket, and left. 

I drove to Dunkin Donuts first and ordered an egg and cheese bagel, as well as a vanilla donut, and then drove to school. I took a look at my schedule and went to my second-period class, History. As I stepped inside, everyone turned to look at me, including Kai, who was surprisingly in class today.

 "I'm Ash," I said hastily, waiting for the teacher's response. 

"Oh, sorry, hello I am Mrs. Dadger. I will be your History teacher this year," she replied, her voice slightly shaky.

"No shit Sherlock." I snapped, glaring at her, with no emotion showing on my face. 

I felt a nudge on my arm. I turned around, ready to yell at whoever had nudged me. Though it was Kai who had nudged my arm. 

"What do you want now?" I hissed.

"Aw, come on. Don't be like that." he teased.  "But, I do need to know, are you coming to my party tomorrow?" he asked, his Caribbean sea blue eyes making contact with mine. He held his gaze, waiting for my answer.

"...Sure, why not?" I grinned, still holding eye contact with him.

"I get lost in your eyes, they're beautiful..." he flirted with me.

"Maybe you can get lost forever and I'll never have to see you again?" I asked, hoping he would. "I'm just messing with you." I giggled, reassuring him that I was just joking.

"Just for messing with me, I won't buy you a cheeseburger," he said, trying to sound serious, even though I saw his smirk appearing, but disappearing just as quickly.

"No! How am I supposed to live!?!" I said over dramatically, proceeding to make funny facial expressions.

"Haha, you know I'm just messing with you" he responded.

"How will I ever repay you," I said while rolling my eyes.

"Well, there are a few ways, if you know what I mean," he said, looking over at me and raised his eyebrows, with a smirk on his face.

I punched his arm with very little force, giggling "You wish! You probably even dream about me," I smirked.

"What if I do?" he said jokingly. "Who wouldn't dream about that ass?" he said, laughing.

"I swear, if that's all you care about, you better wish those dreams goodbye," I said, trying to act serious, but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't worry, that's not all I dream about you." he winked.

I just rolled my eyes. What time is it? It feels like it has been an hour. I checked my phone, looking at notifications first, and then saw the time. Only 3 more minutes, that's convenient. 

"Do you want to leave because there are only 3 minutes left?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"I thought you would never ask." 

And we left.