Chapter 5

We went out of the house and got into the woods. It was hard to see anything around us because it was too dark. The woods had some kind of creepy vibes into it, it always felt like someone is watching us.

I watched enough movies to not say that I'm just being paranoid for no reason.

***

We've been walking for hours now, I can see the sun rising and the skies getting that soft beautiful yellow color from the sun. Luke hasn't woke up, neither has Sam. To be honest, I hope Luke will wake up first, so Sam won't have to see his friend in that kind of horrible situation.

"Guys." All the sudden, Axel stopped walking.

We stopped, I looked at Axel. Apparently, I was the only one who looked at him, Gabriel and Dave just stood there, focusing. They all had cold eyes and they didn't move as if they were statues.

"I can't sense anything," Dave said.

"Me too," Axel looked at me, straight into my eyes. "Keep your guard up."

I nodded. I noticed Gabriel looking for something as we were walking in the woods. I also could notice the horrible smell that was spreading in the woods.

"Gabriel, are you looking for something?" I finally asked him, trying to ignore the horrible smell.

"Actually," Gabriel looked at me. "There is supposed to be a dead body, somewhere around here. I mean, you can probably understand it because of the smell."

I felt like I was about to puke. I covered my mouth with both of my hands, I knew that one hand won't be strong enough to keep my mouth closed.

We kept on walking, the smell got much more horrible than it was before. I couldn't take my hands off my mouth because I was seriously afraid that I'll puke right after.

It's not my fault that I'm not used to it.

"Hey, Luke! buddy," I heard Dave's voice from behind me.

I immediately turned around to see Luke. I hoped to see him breathing, with his eyes wide open.

My wish came true.

Luke was getting off Dave's arms slowly as Dave was supporting him by putting his hands on Luke's hips. I felt so hopeful and relieved again.

***

Luke turned around to me and smiled. "Hello, Bella."

I felt like I was about to cry, and I was. Without noticing, tears were rolling down my face, as I was smiling at him.

I ran to Luke and hugged him. I hugged him so tight. He was so thin, he doesn't eat much but that's fair because none of us in this group has eaten anything for the past 8 hours. We couldn't find anything to hunt.

"Let's keep on moving people, we should find somewhere to sleep at night unless you want to get eaten," Dave reminded us.

"AAAH!"

I fell down and hit the floor. Something grabbed me by my arm, it was hurtful. All I could hear was Axel's shouting. I opened my eyes and saw the eyes of the zombie, the first zombie I've ever seen. His eyes were flashy white, he had blood running down on his face.

A second later, I saw his head torn from his body. Blood spilled all over me. The last thing I could hear was Gabriel shouting:"Hit him in his brain!"

My breathing was hard, and I collapsed on the floor.

***

Rachel.

All I could think about was Rachel.

Wait. Dad?

Dad walked to the right side of Rachel and put his hands on her shoulders.

Mom?

She walked to the left side of Rachel.

They stood there, staring at me. They looked like a happy family, without me. Smiles on their faces, their soft smiles that I miss so much.

A few minutes later, they started to fade. They still had their soft smiles showed. I could hear them whispering in my ear. "Get up."

The whispers got louder and louder.

***

My eyes are wide open. I could see blurry heads looking at me. I was sure that they were Axel and Gabriel.

But, it wasn't them.

***

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short and for not publishing a chapter for a month. I didn't have any time to write, I tried to write every single day but I had some writing blocks so I didn't know how I want to continue the story. But now I know, so the next chapter will be published very soon! :)