Chapter 2

I couldn't fall asleep this night because the wooden log was so not comfortable.

I didn't even know what time it was, I felt like I've been in this room for years.

All the sudden, I heard a door shutting down.
I got up from the wooden log and walked toward the door of my room.

I wasn't sure if I should go outside of my room or not, thinking about the fact that Axel had told me to stay inside.

But I was also scared for myself, to be honest.
I mean, they are nice and all... But I just met them.

And yet, I still haven't figured out what am I doing here or how did I get here.

All I remember was dreaming about my little sister, Rachel.
Which is weird because she has died 6 years ago when I was only 13.
My father didn't tell me what has happened to her.
Neither my mother.

"Okay Bella," I said to myself "go out, for one second, and take a look"

Before leaving my room, I took a deep breath.
Who knows what is going to happen, after all the weird shit that I've heard.

I opened the door to my room and looked around.
I looked inside the hallway and saw that there were other rooms next to me.
Probably the rooms of Sam, Axel, Luke, and Gabriel.

The hallway was pretty dark, I was hoping that they are sleeping so I could take a further look around.

As I was about to get down the stairs, I heard someone walking in the living room.

There was a man.

He looked nothing like Axel or Gabriel.

I went down two steps just so I'd be able to see this man better.
From all I could see, he has a black ponytail and he is pretty tall.

Why are they all so tall?

"You had to do one job. ONE. FUCKING. JOB."

I heard Axel shouting at the guy, with a thundered voice.
They didn't notice me, so I let myself go down few steps further.

"You have no idea what I lost" the man replied, very quietly.

"You think I don't know you lost things? We all lost things! We all lost people!" Axel looked at the man, furious.

"This is pointless, you know that?" the guy said, as his voice breaking "We are running out of food and medicine, everyone's lost their family and friends"

The guy stopped for a second, looking at Axel.

"The world is ending," he said in a lower tone, "literally ending, any it's only a matter of time before we lose this fight"

"You know, Dave? I've been thinking about something, for such a long time"

I finally got it, the guy whom Axel was talking to is Dave.
But... Oh man... This is getting serious.

"In the apocalypse, you don't have time to drag around any dead weight," Axel continued "so why would I keep you on my team?"

Apo – apocalypse.

I thought I was kidnapped into a crazy men's household.

How can... How?
I thought that... Apocalypse... Is not a real –

"HEY!"

Fuck.

Axel crossed his arms at me, pointing me to get down.

I shrugged.

Well, this is probably the end of Bella the spy.

I noticed Dave staring at me, shocked as I was walking down the stairs.
Seriously though, it's like these men have never seen a woman in their entire lives.

I stood in front of them.

Axel looked at me, still has his arms crossed.
And Dave... Oh well.
He didn't move, just looked at me.

Stared.

"Dave, meet Bella"

"N – Nice to meet you"

I giggled, it was pretty funny to see Dave being so puzzled.

Dave smiled back at me.

But I remembered why I tried to listen to both of them in the first place. 

"So, are you going to tell me what is going on here?" I asked Axel, with a peaceful voice, trying to convince him to finally tell me everything that is happening.

"Your mother" he finally said.

"What?"

"Your mother told us to take you here," he continued "She knew what was going to happen, so we took you, to protect you"

Dave looked at Axel confused, as he didn't know what was he talking about either.

"I didn't even know her, I knew she was my mother's friend since they were little. She told me that she has a mission for me" Axel stopped for a second, trying to remind himself what happened "Once the apocalypse began, I tried to find you, I had that strong feeling to find you"

"How did she know?"

"I have no idea"

"Can you take me back to my hometown?"

"Bella," Axel took a deep breath, looking at me with cold eyes. "Your hometown is gone, your family is gone, everything is gone"

I was speechless.
Empty, hopeless, lonely, abandoned, lost.

"You're 19 years old now, Bella" Axel said.

"No, no, no, no"

I felt like I was breaking down, losing myself.
Dave ran to me, holding my arms so I won't fall down to the floor.

I started to cry, a sorrowful cry.

When Axel was about to comfort me, we heard a gun shots from outside of the house.

"GIVE US EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!"